Anatomy is a science course, and it is also a biological course; such systems are very competitive to study in Nigeria, with a lot of Job opportunities available in the country. Also, the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Anatomy will fall under the science subject as the course is a science course. Also, the entrance will be high in the various universities as it is a very competitive course.
The course is an exciting course to study, and it deals with living things and the description of their body structures. This content will provide what you need to know about the system, JAMB and WAEC Subject combination for Anatomy and also the list of universities offering anatomy in the country and the admission requirements.
What You Need to Know About Anatomy
To study Anatomy in any of the Nigerian universities, it will take nothing more than five years, that is, if there are no carry-overs, and it is a course to be studied by science students with a lot of available Job opportunities.
Anatomy is under the Pharmaceutical and Health Science, and it deals with the description and body structures of living things. Biology is also a compulsory subject needed to study the course. One with a degree in this course can work in biotechnology industries, and their role in such sectors is to work as a research scientist or clinical research associate. The job opportunities for one with a degree in anatomy include
- Medical Scientists
- Pharmaceutical Scientists
- Veterinary Field
All these are some job opportunities available for one with a degree in Anatomy. The course is divided into several branches, including human anatomy and gross anatomy, and Andreas Vesalius is considered the father of anatomy.
Subject Combination for Anatomy
The JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Anatomy will fall under science subjects as a science course. For WAEC (West African Examination Council), five credits are needed, including English Language and Mathematics for Anatomy.
WAEC Subject Combination for Anatomy
The subjects will include
- English Language
JAMB Subject Combination for Anatomy
These are the needed subjects in WAEC, while that of JAMB (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) will be
- English Language
List of Universities Offering Anatomy in Nigeria
Many universities offer Anatomy in Nigeria, including federal and state, and below is the list of universities providing Anatomy in Nigeria.
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE
- GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, LAJE ROAD, ONDO, ONDO STATE
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE
- YUSUF MAITAMA SULE UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE
- BINGHAM UNIVERSITY, KARU, NASARAWA STATE
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE
- EKO UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES, IJANIKIN, LAGOS STATE
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
- LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE
- PAMO UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCE, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE
The general JAMB cut-off mark for anatomy is 160, while WAEC or NECO candidates are expected to have five credits from the science class, including English Language and Mathematics. For a better chance of admission, the candidates are expected to score up to 220 in JAMB, as the course is very competitive to study in Nigeria.
- JAMB and WAEC (O’Level) Subject Combination for Civil Engineering
- JAMB and WAEC (O’ Level) Subject Combination for Science Laboratory Technology
- JAMB and WAEC (O’ Level) Subject Combination for Health Education