The Human Projects, in the shape of International Human Rights Nonprofit Remote Summer Internship, is a worldwide nonprofit organization empowering young leaders to find solutions to the issues faced by human rights in their own communities and providing innovative human rights education programs to schools and nonprofits around the globe. In the course of the past three years, Human Projects has provided over 18,700 programs to participants in 118 countries.
The Human Projects is presently looking for several remote interns for Summer 2020. Interns can apply to work on various projects including developing human rights educational programs, helping out with the translation of human rights educational materials, and assisting with researching and interviewing changemakers for the Young Changemakers Archive. The open call is currently ongoing as interested remote interns are encouraged to apply for the Human project, International Human Right Nonprofit Remote Summer Internship 2020 which it’s application deadline date is scheduled for 30th of June, 2020.
CHECK OUT: Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship Program for International Students to Study/Research in Germany | APPLY NOW
Overview of the International Human Rights Nonprofit Remote Summer Internship 2020
The International human rights Nonprofit remote summer internship 2020 is made up of two teams; Archive team and Education team. Their roles in contributing to the program are highlighted below:
- 30 Human Rights Textbook: The 30 Human Rights Textbook is a collaboration between the Education Team and Archive Team to enlighten and educate middle and high school-aged students about human rights and empower students reading the textbook to take a stand in their own communities by sharing motivating or inspiring stories of young changemakers in human rights.
- Archive Team Interns working on this project will conduct interviews with inspiring young changemakers, write about the ways in which young changemakers are advancing a particular human right, and outline ways for students to take positive action. While Education Team Interns working on this project will research and develop age-appropriate entries on the 30 human rights that are appropriate for essential age groups.
- Both Education and Archive Team Interns will work together amongst themselves and their teams to compile the research into a textbook for middle and high school level students.
Education Team Interns working on this project will collaborate with their team members as well as other interns to translate the Human Projects educational materials. Hence, interns applying for this position must demonstrate language proficiency of both English and at least one more language from the following list below: Arabic, French, Hindi, Portuguese, Spanish, Swahili. It should be noted that the educational resources of Human Projects such as posters and lesson plans are predominantly available and distributed in English.
- Applicant must be a current student (high school, undergraduate, graduate, or deferring year are all eligible) or recent graduate with an evident interest in human rights
- They should be ready to dedicate 15 to 25 hours per week to Human Projects work
- Applicant should be available from June 2020 to August 2020 as the start and end dates of the program are tentative and flexible
- He or She must have access to reliable internet.
Generally, an applicant is required to possess strong communication, organization and strategic thinking skills. They should also be efficient, hardworking and creative in order to present themselves as a worthy remote intern. Note that all positions the Human Projects including internships are volunteer.
Application for the Human projects, International human rights nonprofit remote summer internship 2020 is open and accepting on a rolling basis over the period of time before it’s scheduled deadline date.
Interns are advised to visit the Human Projects’ official online platform to apply and get more information.
CHECK OUT: Global Initiative for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (GI-ESCR) is Seeking to Recruit a Committed Senior Program Officer | APPLY NOW