This informs the public about The Innovation Fellowship for Aspiring Inventors and Researchers (i-FAIR) Program 2023 for entrepreneurs and innovators. Details about the Program are given below.
About Innovation Fellowship for Aspiring Inventors and Researchers Program 2023
Welcome to i-FAIR; the program for entrepreneurs and innovators. i-FAIR is an initiative of the Embassy of the State of Israel in Nigeria in collaboration with the Office of the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
With the mandate to empower INNOVATORS, INVENTORS, ENTREPRENEURS, and VENTURE CREATORS in Nigeria, i-FAIR was born out of the need to tackle local challenges with innovative made-in-Nigeria solutions; for the overall goal of inspiring Nigeria to become a start-up nation.
Through the 6-month program, i-FAIR provides participants with the necessary resources and support to transform their ideas into innovations and sustainable ventures that can create jobs and generate wealth for Nigerians and Nigeria.
We have successfully implemented 2 editions of i-FAIR, with a total of 63 FELLOWS and 56 PROTOTYPES DEVELOPED. This was achieved in over 1,300 mentorship hours, supporting over 100 ideas and witnessing inspiring success stories of i-FAIR Fellows who have transformed their ideas into ventures such as Thinkbike, Soilless Farm Labs, Quadloop Africa, Eco Circular Solution, who have gone ahead to attract investment and become successful enterprises.
Successful applicants are entitled to the following benefits:
- A unique platform to transform ideas into inventions and develop working prototypes;
- Free access and membership to a modern innovation center where they can work on and develop their prototypes/products with hands-on support of technical experts ;
- Access to a special certificate course and mentoring by accomplished inventors, innovators, and researchers from Nigeria and the State of Israel;
- Exposure to R&D processes and procedures of leading international institutes.
- The opportunity to pitch inventions and prototypes to investors for possible adoption, patronage and partnership;
- For the in-person bootcamps in Abuja, transportation and accommodation will be covered.
- i-FAIR’s support does NOT involve any equity, shares or IP rights on your developments.
We are looking for Solutions which:
- Have a clear concept & valid value proposition
- Have completed their initial market validation process
- Will benefit from hands-on support on their product development
- The solution would ideally include a hardware component (not a must)
- In case of an established business-it must be African-owned, majorly-Nigerian-owned business, currently or intending to operate in Nigeria
- Address one of Africa’s challenges and fall within one of our areas of focus
Innovation Fellowship for Aspiring Inventors and Researchers Program 2023 Application
- VC, Hub or an innovation & entrepreneurship program are invited to nominate candidates by filling our short nomination form. Once the form is filled in, It will provide a link to share with the candidates where they will find the application form which they should fill in.
- Screening process
- Online pitching competition- Shortlisted candidates will pitch to our selection committee which includes investors, stakeholders and experts. Candidates will be assessed based on their value proposition, market needs, entrepreneurial and technical skills.
- Selected teams will enter our product development journey which includes:
- Online office hours and workshops with experts from Innov8 Hub and from our network aimed at validating/improving product market fit & value proposition , providing hands-on support on product development, from product design to production.
- Bootcamps at Innov8 Hub Abuja: depends on stage and readiness – participants will be invited to 1-2 product development bootcamps at Innov8 Hub, which is equipped with high-end technology, machinery and the expertise needed for prototyping and product development, from product design to fabrication.
- Depends on readiness- Access to potential partners for piloting/testing
- Showcase event – exhibition of prototypes/MVPs/products, pitching to investors and potential partners.
- For all in-person bootcamps- travel expenses are sponsored and accommodation and feeding provided.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 June 2023.
Open this link for more details about the Innovation Fellowship for Aspiring Inventors and Researchers Program 2023.