Facebook Dating isn’t a standalone app; it’s part of the main site and as such, you’ll need a Facebook account to access Dating, but if you have one, you’re already ahead of the game especially in terms of meeting all your matches and how you can see their messages.
Facebook Dating is a dating service that allows Facebook users to establish meaningful connections based on similar interests and groups). Basically, it eliminates the hassle of creating a separate dating profile.
It even integrates Instagram, allowing you to submit Instagram posts directly to your dating page and create secret crush lists with both Facebook friends and Instagram followers.
Features of Facebook Dating
You may be sceptical about Facebook Dating for obvious reasons. After all, even if it’s done online, finding a partner is a very personal experience. To utilize Facebook Dating, you must first opt-in. You’ll also be able to report and block people, preventing them from sending you images, videos, messages, and other types of content. Other features are as follows:
- You can link your Instagram posts to your Facebook Dating profile.
- You can join Events and Groups to meet individuals who share your interests, but keep in mind that you will be visible to them as well.
- To make you feel comfortable on a date, you can share information of the date – including your live location – with a buddy on Facebook Messenger.
- Facebook and Instagram Stories can also be added to your dating profile.
Setting Up Your Facebook Dating Profile
Despite the fact that your Facebook Dating profile is separate from your other profile, the Dating section uses some of the information from your other profile. Below are the steps are taken to get Facebook users all set up with their dating profile:
- Go to the Facebook app.
- Tap on the menu icon at the upper right side of the screen and click on “Dating”.
- Note that if you don’t see the Dating option, you’ll probably need to tap the “See More” option before you’ll be brought to Facebook’s dating section
- Click “Get Started” to create a profile, then follow the on-screen instructions. You’ll need to indicate your preferred gender, region, and a decent photo of yourself.
- Facebook will automatically create a dating profile for you by skimming your non-dating profile
- Click on the “Preview Profile” option to customize your profile to your liking by removing items, adding images, and adding Instagram posts
- Click “Done” when you’re finished.
How to See All Your Matches on Facebook Dating
Before learning how to see all Your Matches on the Facebook app, You must opt-in for the Dating feature to be able to carry out the steps. Only those who have opted in to Facebook Dating will be suggested to you, and they will be based on your preferences, hobbies, and “other things you do on Facebook.”
Note that unless you both add each other to your “Secret Crush” lists, Facebook Dating will not match you with your Facebook friends.
– Contacting a Facebook Dating Match
There’s no need to swipe if you’re interested in contacting a match; simply leave a comment on their Facebook Dating profile or touch the Like button to let them know. You can opt out if you aren’t interested. All of your Facebook Dating actions will be kept private and will not be shared with Facebook.
– Facebook Dating “Secret Crush” Feature
You may match with people you already know on Facebook and Instagram through Secret Crush. You can create a Secret Crush list with up to nine of your Facebook friends or Instagram followers. However, you must connect your Instagram account to Facebook Dating in order to get Instagram followers.
Surely, those individuals will receive news that someone has a crush on them. It’s a match if your crush adds you to their Secret Crush list as well. That said, you can see all your secret crush list presents you with all your matches on Facebook dating.
- 13 of the Best Christmas Movies to Watch on Showmax
- Complete Guide on How to Activate the Dating Feature on Your Facebook Account
- Reasons Why Facebook Dating is not Working on Your Account
- How to Know or Find Out When Someone’s Instagram Account was Created
- How to Start a Conversation on Facebook Dating
- 46 Cute Facebook Dating Openers to Copy and Paste on Your Chat
- Is it Illegal to Buy Followers on Your Instagram Account? CHECK NOW
- How to Hide Your Profile or Be Invisible on Facebook Dating
- How to Change Your Profile Visibility on Facebook Dating
- Reasons Why You Can’t Open Your Facebook Dating Messages
- How to Tell if Someone Blocked You on Facebook Dating
- How to Hide Your WhatsApp Profile Picture from Specific/Some Contacts