5 Core Tips on How to score above 300 In JAMB CBT
1. Make past questions your friend
Study your past questions over and over again. Make sure you get used to all the questions. Jamb has always been in the tradition of setting related questions. Your task is mainly to ensure that you understand their tricks.
2. Practice at CBT Centers with your computer
You should endeavour to get used to the computer environment. Since it is a computer-based test, you must endeavour to practice with the same system you will be tested. Install a JAMB practice software that will help you familiarize yourself with the interface of the 2020 Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) CBT Exams
3. Time yourself while you practice
Timing in the JAMB CBT examination is key. You must understand it is a timed examination so you must ensure that you time yourself while you practice.
Do well to use the same time you would be given on the test day or even less.
4. Make your Jotter your best friend
There is mistake students tend to make and you should avoid it. You must not think that jotting is a waste of time. You can remember only 10% of what you read the first time. This is why you hotter comes in really handy. When you hit, make your jotting comprehensive, make full sentences that you can understand when you read it over again.
Make sure you jot out your whole note or textbooks early enough. When done with this, read your hotter over and over again, four or five times for a start.
5. Attend Intensive JAMB Tutorials
Believe it or not, for the secondary school students, your teachers would hardly teach you what you need to blast Jamb. Intensive tutorials would help coach you and put you on the right track. For each of your subjects, set aside a separate jotter for each course taught during the tutorial. This jotter should be different from your personal study jotter. Read this jotter every day. Participate actively during tutorials. These would prove helpful.
15 Other Useful Tips that will Help You Score High in JAMB
Passing the JAMB Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) is one thing. More to it is passing the examination with flying colours by scoring 300 and above. Below are additional necessary 15 tips that will help you score high in this year’s JAMB exam.
- Set a high target: This way, you study towards it and get it or come a little bit short which will still be enough to pass JAMB successfully.
- Always time yourself while practising these past questions to rate and improve on your speed as well as accuracy.
- Ensure to read all the necessary books and novel as recommended in the syllabus for the 2021 Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) CBT Exams
- There is a timer on the 2021 JAMB CBT Exam which starts to countdown immediately you commence your exams. It’s better to allocate and share the time amongst the subject and religiously stick to it in order to attempt all four subjects.
- Do not jump from one subject to another. Ensure You finish a particular subject, before going to the next one.
- There is a certain number of questions allotted for each subject. These numbers have been tentative over the years, however, JAMB candidates are advised to keep an ear out to know the number of questions allotted for each subject in order to help you share your allocated time adequately.
- Do not spend too much time on a particular question. The best advice is to skip it, go to the next, and eventually come back to the skipped questions after attempting the ones you are certain of speedily and accurately.
- Candidates are advised to be certain of the location of their JAMB Centre a couple of days before their examination date.
- Be punctual to the venue so as to get settled both physically and mentally.
- Ensure to input your correct paper type in order to avoid been marked based on the wrong type.
- Carefully read all the instructions in order to avoid mistakes that will cost you time.
- Jot down all the necessary formulas and acronyms you have gathered during your studies to avoid forgetting them.
- Ensure you select the correct subject combinations for your preferred course of study.
- Focus on your computer screen and trust that what you have studied is sufficient.
- Jettison every plan to cheat and seek advice from the more experienced peers around you.
Hopefully, these aforementioned tips on how to score high in the 2021 JAMB Computer Based Test (CBT) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination goes a long way in helping you achieve your target ahead of your examination.
The 2021 JAMB CBT is about no doubt going to hold, so candidates that want score high need to ensure they follow the above tips. While doing so users have to ensure they put GOD first and pray while using any of the tips on this article.