One of the most popular messaging apps around the globe is WhatsApp and it is available for both Android and iOS devices. But some of its users at times switch from an Android device to iPhone. You will get the steps on How to Restore WhatsApp Chats from Google Drive Backup on an iPhone in this post.
You should know that backup files from the Android version of WhatsApp does not work or are not compatible with the iOS version. But you don’t need to worry about this as there is a way to fix this and you will get the complete guide in this post.
Can I Restore WhatsApp Chats from Google Drive Backup on iPhone? Check Below to Get Detailed Answer
Yes, there is an alternative way to restore WhatsApp Chats from Google Drive Backup on iPhone using a third-party app. You will get the steps you need to do this in this article.
How to Restore Whats App Chats from Backup on any iPhone
If you are among those looking for How to Restore WhatsApp Chats from Google Drive Backup on any iPhone device, you will get the answer here. As said earlier, backup file from the Android version of WhatsApp does not work or are not compatible with the iOS version. You can do this with the aid of a third-party app.
How to Restore Whats App Chats from Google Drive Backup on an iPhone With AnyTrans
AnyTrans is a computer application that can be used to restore WhatsApp Chats from Google Drive Backup on an iPhone and below are the steps you need/
- Download and Install the AnyTrans application on your computer to begin, you can do this by clicking this link
- Open the application once you are done
- On the left panel, click on “Social Messages Manager”
- Next, click on “From Google Drive Backup”
- Login to your Google account and once you are done, view all your WhatsApp backup history on your Google drive
- To get it restored, click on “One Backup”
- Select the type of files that you need to restore. You need to connect your source Android phone and have to decrypt it first if you want to restore messages
- Next, follow the instructions to install the WhatsApp custom version to your source Android device
- Then, you have to give WhatsApp custom version permission to access data
- Next, you have to sign in to the same Google Drive account on WhatsApp custom version
- Then, restore the backup data
- Go back to where you are allowed to access Messages once you have decrypted your Android phone
- With the aid of a USB cable, connect your iPhone to your computer this is to help view and select specific messages to restore to your iPhone. It might take some time until you see the restore process completed page.
These are the steps you need to restore WhatsApp Chats from Google Drive on an iPhone. So, you have to follow the steps properly to avoid making mistakes.
- How to Hide Your WhatsApp Profile Picture from Specific/Some Contacts
- How to Remove the WhatsApp QR Code on Your Account
- 4 Sure Ways on How to Fix the Download Failed Error on WhatsApp