Is there a way how to read WhatsApp messages without opening the app? Of course, yes and You will get the steps in this article. Not only just reading it, but the sender also will not even know that you have read it. You can choose to reply to it or not. Replying to it will let the sender know that you read it.
This is so cool as you can do other things on your device without having to open the app. It helps you manage your RAM usage. It as well helps increase the speed of your phone’s operation. You don’t have to turn the data connection of your mobile device off. It should be on so as so to receive more Whatsapp Messages to read without opening the app.
Ways on How to Read Whatsapp Messages Without Opening the App
It sounds quite funny how can one read a Whatsapp message without opening the app. doesn’t it? But not to worry, with these two ways you will get surprised. This method is efficient and battery saving. In other words, it helps in our power management. Below, are the two ways how to read WhatsApp messages without opening the app:
- Using the notification bar
- Using the android Whatsapp widget
– Method One: Using the Notification Bar
The notification bar is well designed to notify us of any messages, alerts, calls, and so on. That’s why this feature is needed. The disadvantage of this method is that you don’t get to see all parts of the message. This happens if the message appears to be too long. The notification message just shortens it.
Moreover, you have no access to photos, videos, gifs, and docs. Here is how to read Whatsapp messages via Notification Bar without opening the app:
- Open the WhatsApp app.
- Now, open the Settings option
- Scroll down to find Notifications,
- activate Show Notifications and Show Preview.
- Close the app
Now that it is successfully done, you get a notification once you are being sent a message. Be careful not to reply or view it if you don’t want the sender to know that you’ve read it. This is due to the fact that once you click the view option, it automatically opens the app.
– Method Two: Using the Android Whatsapp WIDGET to Read Messages Without Opening App
Are you aware that android provides a widget for operating Whatsapp? It’s so fascinating. Just like the former, the sender never knows that you have read the message. It would still appear grey on your sender’s chat which portrays unread messages. So also, you can’t view photos or videos. Here is how:
- Long press on the home screen of your android device.
- find Widgets in the lower part of the screen.
- Tap on it.
- Swipe to find the WhatsApp chat widget
- place it in an empty space on the home screen.
Note that finding the widget on other android devices might be different. You would still arrive at the same path, once you’ve located your widget. Well, this method on how to read Whatsapp messages without opening the app only works for Android users and none other.
Also, Check Out;
- Book (Novel) to Read for the JAMB Use of English CBT Exam (Jamb.org.ng)
- Sure Methods on How to Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iOS
- How to Cancel Your Current/Active DStv Account Subscription
- How to Message a WhatsApp Number Without Saving as Contact