One way to immigrate to the USA is through an employment visa. An employment visa allows you to immigrate to the country and work there. You must have an employment offer from a US citizen to get an employment visa. This employer will take responsibility for you in the first few years of your stay.
How to Immigrate to the USA with an Employment Visa
There are things you need to know to be able to immigrate to the United States “USA” with an employment visa. The first thing required is for your employer to obtain a labour certification and apply for an immigrant petition for alien worker form for the right employment-based category.
All required fees should be paid and the application form filled. You will also have to make sure all necessary documents are available.
With the above, you will be under consideration for an employment visa. Once approved to immigrate to the USA, you will be given a passport containing your immigrant visa and a sealed packet of documents you provided. Also, Please note that this sealed pack is not to be opened but to be given to the immigration officials.
What it Means to Immigrate to the USA with Free Employment Visa
What it means to immigrate to the USA, accessible with an employment visa, is that you must have a visa sponsorship. Visa sponsorship means that your employer in the USA will fund your visa to come to the country. Also, this varies from employer to employer on what they will fund; you may have to pay for travel expenses.
You may also have to pay for medical examinations, the required vaccinations, and other costs, such as translation, photocopying charges, and fees for obtaining documents.
Ways to Immigrate to the USA with Employment Visa Sponsorship
Employment First Preference (E1) is for priority workers and persons with extraordinary abilities. These include the following.
- Persons with extraordinary abilities. In this case, the person will have incredible science, arts, education, business, or athletics skills. These applicants must have extensive documentation showing their national or international acclaim and recognition.
- Outstanding professors and researchers. In this case, the applicants need at least three years of experience in teaching or research and must be recognized internationally.
- Multinational managers or executives. In this case, the applicant must have been employed for at least one of three years by a branch, affiliate, subsidiary or parent of the USA employer, and the applicant must have also been in a managerial or executive position in the company.
– Employment Second Preference (E2):
This is for professionals with advanced degrees and those with exceptional abilities. The following can immigrate to the USA with an Employment Visa.
- Professionals with advanced degrees. This degree must be a baccalaureate degree or surpass it, and they need at least five years of experience in their field or profession.
- Persons with exceptional ability. Their exceptional ability in science, art, or business means they have a degree of expertise above that encountered in those fields.
– Employment Third Preference E3:
Also, this is for skilled workers, professionals and unskilled workers. This includes the following.
- Skilled workers: Those whose jobs require a minimum of two years of training or experience that are not temporary or seasonal
- These are those whose professions require a baccalaureate degree from a US university or college or its foreign equivalent degree.
- Unskilled workers can fill positions requiring less training or experience that are not seasonal or temporal.
– Employment Fourth Preference E4:
Immigrants can immigrate to the USA with an employment Visa without labour certification. These are special immigrants for which labour certification is not required. Also, these include
- Those who are employed by the International Broadcasting Bureau of the Broadcasting Board of Governors or any such organization
- Those who are ministers of religion
- Those who are employees or former employees of the U.S government abroad
- Those who are certain former employees of the Panama Canal Company or the Canal Zone government
- For those who are certain former employees of the U.S government or Canal Zone government
- Those who are Iraqi and Afghan interpreters or translators and have worked directly with the United States armed forces under chief or mission as a translator or interpreter
- For foreign medical students
- For unmarried sons and daughters of international organization employees\
Also, Employment is the fifth preference (E5). Meanwhile, this is for immigrant investors looking to invest in a new commercial enterprise in the country, which would also provide job creation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will it take to get my employment visa? You should receive a notification about your visa within a month.
- Will I be able to enter the USA after I have my visa? A visa does not guarantee entry, though it is part of the process. You will still need to travel to the U.S. port of entry, where you will get authorization to enter the country.
Open this link for more details about the USA Immigration Visa.
Also, Check Out;
- USA Truck Driver Jobs with VISA Sponsorship; Requirements, Benefits & Where to Find Them
- 11 Most In-Demand Unskilled Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship
- USA Work Visa Details, Types, Requirements, FAQs and How to Apply