The Plex app gives you access to stream your own content on multiple devices for free. However, in this post what You will get is the guide on How to Get Plex on Your Sony Smart TV.
Plex on Sony Smart TV
To begin, Plex is a bring your own to the table sort of application which means you have to stream your own content on Plex. It works by letting you stream movies, series, documentaries and other content you have from one of your devices to another.
The way it works is that if you have movies downloaded on your computer which is connected to the internet 24 hours. You can download the Plex application on your Smart TV. So, You can stream your movies from your computer to your Smart TV.
There is no subscription fee necessary all you need to do is to maintain your Plex server in order to continue streaming. This is the first sign of things on the other side Plex provides on-demand and live TV services for everybody.
If you would prefer not to stream your own content or you simply do not have your own movie content you can go for the on-demand or live services Plex offers. You have access to over 20,000 On-demand channels and over 220 live channels on Plex to stream and choose from. For this, to work all you need is a subscription fee.
All Sony Smart TV supports the Plex application which means you will have to use Google Chromecast or AirPlay 2 if your TV is an old model. But all new models including the ones run on Android that installs the Plex application. Now, below You will get the steps on How to Get Plex on Sony TV.
How to Get This Application on Your Smart TV
Absolutely, What You will get here is the guide on How to Get Plex on Your Sony Smart TV as this television is a very big brand. If you have a Sony Smart TV running on the latest OS it is probably running on the Android operating system. This means you can easily download and install the Plex application from the Google Play store on your TV.
However, if yours is not running on Android but it is the latest model you can simply visit whatever content store has to download the Plex app. Just follow the below procedure to Get Plex on Sony TV
- Turn on your Sony Smart TV and connect to the internet.
- Navigate to the homepage and launch the applications tab.
- Select the Google Play Store from the Applications tab.
- Type and search for plex.
- Select the Plex application from the results and click on install.
- Allow the application to completely download and install on your TV.
- Launch the application sign in and note down the activation code
- Launch any browser of your choice
- Visit the Plex activation website and enter the code displayed on your screen.
- Finally, start streaming.
How to Get Plex on Your Old Model Sony Smart TV
The only way to get the Plex application on your old model Sony Smart TV that does not support it is by either Google Chromecast or the AirPlay 2 feature. This is depending on the device you are using.
Download and install the plate application on your phone then connect your Smart TV and your phone to the same internet. Finally hit the cast button and enjoy plex on your TV.
Also, Check Out;
- How to Get Spotify on Your Toshiba Smart TV
- Get Meetup on Your Samsung Smart Watch
- Get Plex on Your Vizio Smart TV