This article will inform you on how to fix the Facebook Gameroom installation problem. Some users complain that they are having issues when installing the Facebook Gameroom on their windows 10, 8.1, 7 computers. Sometimes they can install the program and cannot run it or an error might occur when installing the program.
Facebook Gameroom is a native windows application which allows you to play and enjoy different variety of native and online games. It supports different game formats hosted by Facebook and all your Facebook games will appear in Gameroom with your already existing levels and also reward.
How to fix the Facebook Gameroom Installation Problem
– Installation in the Temp Directory
For people who are getting error messages when they try to install the Facebook Gameroom saying (we are unable to verify the validity of the downloaded file), this error has something to with the expired certificate of Facebook Gameroom unpacker, so that windows cannot verify the publisher of the installer.
To fix this error, to will need to install the download temporary installer file in your temp directory. Open C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\ and then search inside this folder for FacebookGamesArcade.msi. after this, double click to install the FacebookGamesArcade.msi.
If you do not find the Facebook GamesArcade.msi installer in the temp directory, then you should install the first Facebook Gameroom software you downloaded from the FB website. Do not close the error message, allow the installer running. Try to look at the file again in the temp directory.
– Resolution of Compatibility Issues
- If a problem occurs, right-click on the FacebookGameroom installer and select compatibility.
- Follow the instructions given to resolve the compatibility issues.
- Test the program to see if It works and save the settings.
If the Facebook Gameroom is still not installed, you should proceed with the following procedures:
- If you are a user of Windows 7, install Microsoft.NET Framework 4, and download the Gameroom Facebook application. Right-click on the Gameroom Facebook installer and click Run as administrator to fix the installation error.
- If the application is not installed, Windows 10 users do not need to install Microsoft.NET Framework 4. If you are using desktop PC contact your administrator first because some companies have restrictions on installing software on their computers. If that is the case you will not be able to install the Facebook Gameroom.
– Certificate of Installation of Facebook Gameroom
You will need to install the latest certificate to ensure that windows do not blacklist installer to install the Gameroom, right-click on the installation file that you already downloaded from Facebook, and click on properties.
- Click on the signatures tab above in the properties and select the name of the signatory.
- Click on view certificate in the information section of the signatory, where you can see the details of the certificate’s validity. In the information sector of the certificate, click the install certificate.
- Under certificate import, Wizard, click next, select the automatically select certificate store, click the next and finish buttons. This would let the import of the certificate necessary to make the installation competitive.
If you are having problems installing the Facebook Gameroom, then you don’t need to worry as this article would be of great help to you, all you need to do is follow these steps.