Facebook tracks activities that you recently carried out on their platform, and the search functions do that quite well. This is quite awesome because it makes getting back to pages that you visit more often a lot easier when typing it in the Facebook search bar. But sometimes, you might just want to make your searches on Facebook a private matter, which is why I would be giving you How to Clear Search History on Facebook.
Things You Need to Know About “Facebook Search”
Before we get to provide you with guides on how to clear your search history, here is a little information about the Facebook search. People making use of Facebook search recognizes it as a search engine based on the many interesting information you can get just from searching about something.
The search bar has been very resourceful, to its users, and if you happen to be one of them, then you know what am talking about. But just like I said, somethings just need to be kept private, so if are about to give your phone to your friend and you do not want then playing around with your search, then keep on reading.
How to Clear Search History on Facebook
Luckily, you will be able to Clear the Search History on your Facebook with just a couple of clicks or taps from your PC, iPhone, or even your Android device. Below are the steps towards doing that.
Clearing your search history on an android device is quite simple and different from doing it on your iOS device, so I would be starting with Android devices. The steps include:
- First of all, tap on the three horizontal lines
- then scroll down to the settings and privacy, and then choose the “activity log” item.
- Tap on the “filter” settings icon, and tap the “search history” option.
- With this, you would see all your search history
- And at this point, you can delete whatever history you want to delete.
Doing this on iOS devices is not so different from Android devices, just follow the steps that I would be stating for you below.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines on your Facebook home page and the visit settings
- Click on Activity log
- Tap on the “category” dropdown and choose the “search history” item.
- And this would show you all your recent searches.
At this point, you can choose to delete whatever search you wish to be kept private.
On Facebook Web
Doing it on Facebook web is the easiest, just follow the steps that I would be stating for you below to go through with the process.
- First, go to your Profile and click on the “View Activity Log” button.
- In the filter’s sidebar located on the left, click on the “more” option.
- After that, click on the “search history” settings.
- And here you would find all the searches that you have made on Facebook
At this point, you can delete the one you wish to delete from the search history.
How to Clear Your Entire Facebook Search History
To do this, you would be required to tap or click the “clear searches option found in the activity log. This step is not different for any of the devices that you are making use of. Once you click or tap on the clears searches at the top, every search that you have made in your Facebook ever since you created the account would be erased just like that.