Definitely, What You are going to get in this article is the complete guide on How to Browse Facebook for Free on your MTN network. Facebook is an amazing social media platform for interacting and communicating. You can chat with loved ones and families on the Facebook app or site.
Also, The Facebook settings have features that enable you to browse for free when you log in with your username and password. Thus, making it possible for you to connect with those you care about even if you have no or fewer data.
Does MTN Have Free Basics on Facebook
Free Facebook has made it possible to access your Facebook account and messenger for free even with no data balance. You can use your mobile devices such as your Android, PC e t c, with your desired web browser within a daily fair usage.
Even if you just created an account, you can enjoy the feature. However, not everybody can enjoy this feature because not every sim card has been integrated into the system. Mtn as a mobile service has ensured customers can use the free basics and enjoy these features:
- View/change profile picture
- Update Facebook status
- Comment/write on your friend’s wall
- Search Friends on Facebook Add new friends
- Browse through Facebook
- Send/receive videos, pictures (Not available to existing Facebook account users)
- Open external links (Not available to existing Facebook account users)
You can access the free basics by downloading the Facebook Android or iOS app or logging in to the free Facebook site directly i.e www.freebasics.com, then you can install on your phone, sign up and enjoy.
How to Limit Facebook Data Usage
There are times you wish you can limit the way you spend data on your Facebook. The reason there may be the large consummation of data is because of rich media apps,auto-playing videos and high-quality display. So I am going to show you how you can reduce the usage of data for both your android phones and iPhones.
For your Android:
- Go to your data server in the settings and enable it. It will reduce the quality or resolutions of your photos and disable autoplay videos on your Facebook.
- Tap on the menu icon on your Facebook app i.e the 3 horizontal lines you will see on the top-right corner of your home screen. So tap settings & privacy on the menu page and in the drop-down menu.
- You can do this by making sure the data saver slider is off. Turn off data saver on your WiFi, this will reduce the quality of photos, images, videos and automatically disable auto-play.
For your iPhone:
Although the data saver feature hasn’t been added to the iPhone version of Facebook, you can still prevent the excessive usage of data through some processes.
Here’s how to get it done:
- First, tap the menu icon (the three horizontal lines at the bottom right). On the menu page, tap settings & privacy and then in the resulting drop-down menu, tap settings. Scroll down to the media and contacts section, and tap videos and photos.
- Click on autoplay and choose wifi connections under your video settings.
How to Browse Facebook for Free on MTN
So, to browse Facebook for free on Mtn, the major factor you have to note is if the network enables free Facebook. Since it enables it as earlier discussed, all you have to do is to:
- Firstly, to use the app, enter your login details.
- You can now change the settings from data usage to free. You will see “use Facebook for free” on the top-right part of the home screen page.
Finally, You can log in to the free Facebook site directly by going to www.freebasics.com.
Also, Check Out;
- How to Search for Someone on Your Facebook Dating Account
- WAEC Syllabus for Yoruba SSCE & GCE
- How to Access & Activate the Facebook Free Mode Settings on Your Account
- How to Deactivate or Delete Your Snapchat Account