The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Management has activated the central Admission processing system (CAPS) Portal where all direct entry and UTME candidates can decide to accept or reject their admission offer. So, if you are looking forward to How to Accept or Reject Your Admission Offer via JAMB CAPS Portal, then this content has you covered.
As a part of the new admission policy of JAMB, all the admission would be carried out online via the central admission processing system (CAPS); candidates that are looking forward to admission into polytechnics, universities, colleges of education and other tertiary institution that are in Nigeria for the academic session of 2020/2021 are expected to visit the JAMB CAPS portal to check the status of the admission.
Some of the institutions sometimes do not publish the list of candidates admitted into their various programmes by themselves on their own portal or notice board. So, every student looking forward to admission are advised to check the JAMB CAPS if they are interested in knowing their admission status.
What is JAMB CAPS
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) happens to be a platform created in other to ensure the quality control, transparency, and credibility of the process of admission.
The system is designed in such a way that the institutions can only admit candidates who meet their cut off mark. If such a candidate fails to meet the required cut off mark, that students would not be offered admission irrespective of the connection of the candidate.
How to Accept or Reject Your Admission Offer via JAMB CAPS Portal
Steps on How to Accept or Reject Your Admission Offer via JAMB CAPS Portal are stated below. the steps are not so complicating, just follow the step-by-step procedure stated below.
- First, visit the E-facility at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/
- Then enter your email address and password in the columns and then login.
- Then click on “check admission status”
- Select your examination year, and then provide your JAMB registration number in the column required and then click “access my Caps” icon
- Click on “admission status” located on the left panel
- Locate and then click on the “search” icon at the front of your JAMB registration number in other to load your profile.
- Once you do that, accept/reject the offer for the admission under “Admission profile”
If the institution has offered you admission, the accept and reject admission icon would be active (Clickable). But if you have not been offered admission, it would not be active.