The Henry Hart Rice Urban Studies Fellowship 2021 which is endowed by the Rice Family Foundation is awarded to exceptional and outstanding students who demonstrate the commitment to bringing their scholarship and expertise to great use upon significant urban challenges and issues.
About the Henry Hart Rice Urban Studies Fellowship 2021
The Henry Hart Rice Urban Studies Fellowship aims to provide full tuition buffer in order to support two new students each year.
About Henry Hart Rice
The Urban Studies fellowship is named after Henry Hart Rice, who was a leader in the world of residential and commercial real estate for sixty years. Mr Rice who as an industry senior statesman, lecturer, public servant, and author, brought into existence and developed projects throughout the United States of America and Canada. However, Mr Henry Hart Rice made his mist notable and biggest impact on New York City (NYC) real estate and urban planning.
Further details reveal that Henry Hart Rice also held crucial government posts early in his career which enabled him to help in writing the original New York City rent control rules. Mr Rice served as the chairman of James Felt Realty Services for about four decades. He also served as a governor of the Real Estate Board of New York as well as being a member of the New York City Public Development Corporation.
In order to be considered as a fellow in the Henry Hart Rice Urban Studies Fellowship 2021, there are certain eligibility criteria that applicants are required to meet. These eligibility criteria and requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must have shown a commitment to bringing their knowledge and expertise to bear upon significant urban issues
- Applicant must be passionate about learning and problem solving
- Must possess thoughtful and articulate communication (both verbal and written)
- Applicant must have steadfast dedication, flexibility under adverse conditions, and emotional maturity
- The applicant should have demonstrated success in a first career.
Interested and qualified applicants looking to join the Henry Hart Rice Urban Studies Fellowship 2021 are advised to submit their Fellowship Application Essay along with their online application to NYU Wagner Via this link. The Henry Hart Rice Urban Studies Fellowship applicants are also required to submit a one-minute video essay along with the aforementioned submission required.
Applicants of the Henry Hart Rice Fellowship 2021 note the following:
- Applicants selected as fellowship semi-finalists will be invited to take part in Skype interviews within the period of early to mid-February 2021.
- Applicants who have been selected as fellowship finalists will be invited to New York City in late March 2021 for an in-person interview with the Selection Committee.
Due to the current situation facing the world and the safety guidelines in place or for any other reason that may be, these selected finalists who cannot travel to New York will be able to interview via Skype. It should be noted that the Selection Committee will be comprised of representatives from sponsoring organizations, faculty, and NYU Wagner alumni.
30th of November, 2020.
For more details, visit this link.