This is to inform the public about the Heinrich Böll Foundation 9th MENA Regional Summer School 2023 for Young Professionals. Details about the Program are given below.
About Heinrich Böll Foundation 9th MENA Regional Summer School 2023
The Heinrich Böll Foundation, represented through its offices in Rabat, Tunis, Ramallah and Beirut, welcomes applicants from the MENA region to apply for the 9th Regional Summer School. “It’s More than Just Food: Agroecology and Sustainable Agriculture towards Equitable and Justice-based Food Systems in the MENA Region”.
The School aims to provide young professionals from civil society, youth and community initiatives, activists and researchers a space to exchange, debate and learn about the multiple dimensions of food systems, the water-energy-food nexus and community-supported sustainable agricultural practices towards food sovereignty.
Through inputs, group work sessions and field trips, participants will learn about the different perspectives regarding achievements, progress, constraints and shortcomings of food systems in the MENA region.
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung organizes Regional Summer Schools to empower young change-makers and to spark debates on important current environmental issues. The Summer School will provide participants with interesting insights and different viewpoints from the region.
The Summer School offer an excellent platform for exchanging ideas and sharing experiences. The program promotes networking among civil society actors, researchers, and activists working in the fields of citizen participation and intervention in the urban space, local governance, sustainable development, climate action, gender and environment.
Against this background, this year’s Summer School strives to develop a transdisciplinary socio-economic, environmental and political understanding of food systems in the MENA region.
It aims to explore a collective approach, bringing together different perspectives and experiences to contribute to a regional debate and network towards food sovereignty and agoecology-oriented policies and practices.
GOAL’s NextGen Youth Programme Eligibility
To be eligible provide the following information:
- A filled out Application Form;
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vita (CV);
- A Short Paper (2 pages maximum) focusing on a topic related to the overall theme of the Summer School and show the applicant’s knowledge/expertise in this field as well as his/her ability to work independently and creatively. To this end, the applicant should choose a topic from within the subject area and point out its relevance to his/her respective local or national context, e.g. by introducing an exemplary project, a current debate, etc. The paper can be written in the form of an essay or a short academic paper. Accepted languages are English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Submit your application documents via email.
Applicants from Palestine and Jordan are asked to submit their application documents in English or Arabic to:
Heinrich Böll Foundation – Palestine and Jordan, Mr. Nidal Atallah ([email protected])
Applicants from Morocco are asked to submit their application documents in English, Arabic, or French to:
Heinrich Böll Foundation – Rabat, Ms. Fatima-Zohra Lamrani ([email protected])
Applicants from Tunisia and Egypt are asked to submit their application documents in English, Arabic, or French to:
Heinrich Böll Foundation – Tunis, Ms. Emna Fourati ([email protected])
Applicants from Lebanon, Iraq, and Syria are asked to submit their application documents in English or Arabic to:
Heinrich Böll Foundation – Beirut, Mr. Christophe Maroun ([email protected])
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 7 May 2023.
Open this link for more details about the Heinrich Böll Foundation 9th MENA Regional Summer School
- Bayeux Calvados-Normandy Prize for War Correspondents (Up to €44,000)
- International High School Screenwriting Contest – Apply Now!
- EDGE Protected and Conserved Area Fund – Apply Now!