Griffith University International Student Academic Merit Scholarship 2020 is currently receiving applications from interested students. If you are an international student who is seeking a scholarship opportunity in Australia, then this opportunity is for you. Griffith University is providing a great opportunity to deserving international students through the program that will last for the whole academic year.
The Griffith University International Student Academic Merit Scholarship awards high achieving International students who are applying for undergraduate and postgraduate degree coursework programs at the University. Students must be enrolled full time at the university to maintain the scholarship program.
About the university
Griffith University was established in 1971 and it is a well known public research university that offers full suite of undergraduate, postgraduate, and also research degrees in different areas. The university ranks amongst the best universities in the world. The university officially opened its doors in 1975, introducing Australia’s first degrees in Asian studies and environmental science.
Griffith University provides a wide range of solutions and employment opportunities for students to enable them plan their career and find jobs. In the university, students will gain personal and also learning support services.
Excellent and high achieving students who will commence undergraduate and postgraduate coursework at Griffith university will be awarded 20% of the tuition fees and it will be valid for the whole degree.
The Griffith University International Student Academic Merit Scholarship requires interested students to meet certain standards before they can apply. To be eligible for the program:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA in previous studies of 5.0 to 5.49 on a 7 point scale or equivalent.
- Interested applicants must satisfy all academic and English Language entry requirements for their chosen undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program.
- Applicants are expected to be a full-time student starting in either Trimester 3 2020, or Trimester 1, 2, or 3 2021.
Interested applicants can check suitability in the Minimum GPA criteria (PDF).
To enrol at Griffith university, students need to know the following;
- The students must be enrolled full time (40CP) to receive the tuition fee deduction.
- The students are expected to remain enrolled in the program for which the scholarship offer was made. This is stated in the letter issued by Griffith International Admissions.
- If a student withdraws or cancels for any reason, the scholarship amount is nonrefundable.
- In order to maintain the scholarship eligibility, students must pass all the requirements for each trimester of studies and successfully progress on to enrol in the next trimester.
Students do not need to apply for the scholarship, the process is actually easy. All interested candidates need to do is to apply to study at Griffith University and the management of the school will let you know if you are successful. Below is the process:
- Apply for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree coursework program at Griffith university
- The school management will access your application for eligibility
- If your application is successful, the university will advise you in your Letter of Offer concerning Tuition and other fees (Additional information)
Applicants should be aware that to maintain the scholarship deduction you must be enrolled full time in your program unless credit prevents full-time enrolment.
Terms and conditions apply for the scholarship program.
Deadline of application
September 30, 2020.
For more information, visit the official page via this link.