This is to inform the public about the Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023/2024 . Details about the Scholarship are given below.
About the Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023/2024
Applications are open for the Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023/2024. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
Seventy (70) fellowships are awarded annually. Approximately 140 awards are active at any time. Fellowships are distributed equally among the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally;
- develop their leadership potential;
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow.
Eligibility Requirements for the Program
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply, provided they meet the following conditions:
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
- Applicants to the 2023-24 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree:
- between September 15, 2020 and September 30, 2024 (inclusively), and
- before the start date of their award.
- Applicants who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must submit proof no later than October 15, 2024.
- For applicants who have completed more than one PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree, the eligibility window applies to the most recent of these degrees.
How to Apply
Applications must be prepared and submitted by applicants. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete. This includes ensuring that all host institution documents and referee assessments have been submitted.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 20 September 2023.
Open this link for more details about the Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program.
- YALI East Africa Regional Leadership Program 2023
- The Women In Africa JAMII Femmes Programme 2023
- Truworths Trainee Fashion Graphic Designer Program 2023
- Sasol Foundation Bursary Programme 2023