All interested candidates looking forward to applying for the Global Climate Forum 2020 are invited to submit their application. The Global Climate Forum brings student activists together to exchange ideas, learn, connect, and act on the global imperative od addressing climate change.
About the Global Climate Forum 2020
Multidisciplinary teams made up of students from all levels from different parts of the world are welcome to submit their ideas for climate action projects. All selected teams would be invited to partake in a series of workshops during the period of November 9, 2020. Once the workshop has concluded, students will execute their ideas and report on progress. All successfully completed projects will be added in a publication to be issued during the 26th session of the conference of the Parties (COP26) to the UN framework convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) in Glasgow, Scotland.
CHECK OUT: Berea College International Application for Admission and Scholarship 2020 (USA) | APPLY NOW
Tracks of the Program
Students teams (suggested size 2 – 5) will have four enrollment tracks:
- Track 1: Inspiration and Empowerment
Develop a creative approach toward raising awareness based on climate change and influencing others basically making use of strategies that includes video, writing, art or social media.
- Track 2: Ideas into Action
Propose a climate-related project on campus or in the community that would affect measurable change over the period of 6 months, after the workshop has commenced.
- Track 3: Governance and Policy Innovation
Choose a local, global or national climate policy or global climate policy or governance mechanism and conduct an analysis that is either based on how it can be improved or how your college or university would contribute to the implementation (remember – the idea MUST be actionable)
- Track 4: innovation and imagination
If none of the defined tracks suits your project, you are free to set out on your own path. All ideas stated in the categories can be revolutionary, entrepreneurial, and creative. However, they are expected to be actionable and should be created to yield measurable results over the course of six months. Also, all projects are expected to possess a university-affiliated sponsor.
As an interested applicant, you are expected to meet the Global Climate Forum 2020 eligibility criteria. They include:
- The Global Climate Forum 2020 is open to students in teams at any level of higher education.
- The recommended team size is 2 to 5, and multidisciplinary is encouraged.
- The proposals may reflect ongoing projects and activities as long as they are the intellectual capital of students applying and there is a projected measurable outcome during the period of the forum implementation period. New projects would be subject to feedback from reviewers.
- The student team is expected to identify an advisor who is from the Higher Education Institution (HEI). This can stand as a faculty member or an administrative staff member, but it would require an official form and active participation of that individual. Alumni mentors are also encouraged.
Involvement requires three phases:
- Proposal Development: these are expected to be submitted via the official form, and may require refinement based on reviewer feedback.
- Workshop attendance: each member of the teams is expected to be in attendance of at least three online sessions during the week of 9 November. The Team members can be in attendance of three different workshops, and the number of sessions a student can attend has no limits
- Execution of the Project: the teams have 6 months to implement a test all of their ideas. During this period, they would be required to post updates monthly through the forum’s website.
How to Apply
The deadline for the application to the Global Climate Forum 2020 is September 30, 2020. All the teams selected will be announced by October 15, 2020. The workshops will be taking place between November 9 and 13. Monthly reporting will take place in December 2020. The final reports will be due by May 15, 2020. Click this link for more details on Apply and to Apply.
For more details, click this link.
CHECK OUT: AAUW International Fellowships 2020 for Masters, Doctoral and Post Doctoral Studies | APPLY NOW