Are you looking for where to get the new Facebook dating app? Have you heard about the Facebook dating app? Oh yes! Everyone’s talking about it, it’s safe to say that the new dating feature on Facebook has been drawing the attention of many users, hence, making it a topic worthy of discussion. I bet we all agree on the fact that of all the 2 billion active users on Facebook, not everyone fully understands the concept of Facebook dating, and some of these misconceptions, we shall be addressing today.
Just recently while browsing through one of my favourite blogs, someone asked a question relating to Facebook dating, asking how to get the new Facebook dating app. As at that point, I became lost, because the Facebook dating I know doesn’t have a separate app. This is the first misconception about Facebook dating, and I shall be throwing more light into right away.
Get the New Facebook Dating App
Facebook dating is an integrated part of Facebook that allows users to express and have a more intimate relationship online, where activities are done on this section is private and not available to friends and public viewers let me go over it again, it is a section of Facebook, meaning it has no special app of its own, consequently, you CANNOT download the Facebook dating app, neither can you get the new Facebook dating app, or whatever question that person asked
In order to make this clearer, the Facebook feature can only be found inside Facebook, it doesn’t stand alone like Messenger, Facebook lite or any other daughter apps of Facebook. Below is a quick guide on how to locate the dating section on Facebook :
How to Locate Facebook Dating on your Facebook Account
- Launch Facebook on your mobile app. Note that you need a decent internet connection for this and make sure you’re logged in to your Facebook account, if not, enter your login credentials on the log in page.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top ( the menu icon) at the top right corner of the homepage
- Scroll down to select ‘ Dating’. It’s not uncommon in some cases where the Facebook dating option doesn’t show up here, in such cases, select ‘ more options’ and you should have it under this category.
If after going through this process and still don’t have access to Facebook dating, below are key things I suggest you look out for:
- Your location: it’s possible Facebook dating is not yet available in your region, this is so because it’s still a fresh feature and is still being tested in some areas before it becomes available for the whole Facebook community.
- Outdated Facebook version: in order for you to have access to Facebook dating, you need to download the latest version of Facebook on your device.
- Age factor: in order to have access to Facebook dating and its features, Facebook recommends an age limit of 18 years ( minimum ) and above.
These three are major factors to look out for concerning Facebook dating. There you have it, and Goodluck!