This informs the public about the German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships (IPS) 2024 for young University Graduates. Details about the Program are given below.
Table of Contents
About German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships 2024
Every January, the German Bundestag invites politically and socially committed university graduates from South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda to a scholarship program in Berlin.
Since 2020, the German Bundestag has been offering a scholarship program for talented and politically interested young university graduates from South Africa, Namibia, and Botswana. Starting in the 2024 program year, committed young people from Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda who are interested in the German parliamentary system and who are actively committed to democratic values in their home countries will also be able to take part.
In a four-week compact program, up to 16 scholarship holders can get to know the German parliamentary system and political decision-making processes in the German Bundestag up
The core of the program is a one-week internship in the office of a member of the German Bundestag.
For this purpose, knowledge of parliamentary democracy and the workings and function of parliament is imparted in a compact preparation. In addition, the issues of a pluralistic society, the protection of minorities, and a culture of remembrance are addressed as a political mandate. A workshop on project management is intended to help people develop their own project ideas with the aim of promoting democracy and civil society in the respective countries of origin.
- Citizenship of a participating country
- younger than 30 years at the beginning of the scholarship on January 1st
- completed university studies
- Good knowledge of the German language (at least level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Pronounced interest in political contexts and social/political commitment
Please send the complete online application documents in a PDF document, the file name of which consists of your last name and first name (ie “last name-first name”), by e-mail to the German diplomatic mission in your home country.
German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships 2024 Application
Your application should be sent in German and contain the following scanned documents:
- application form
- Passport photo (please insert on the 1st page of the application form);
- Proof of good German language skills, not older than 2 years;
- Letter of motivation in German with your handwritten signature (maximum two pages);
- Copy of passport or copy ID;
- Degree certificate from the university in the original or as an officially certified copy in English or German. The original or the officially certified copy of the original must be presented in the event of a possible selection interview.
- a current letter of recommendation in German or English (from a university lecturer or employer, in which the professional qualification of the applicant for the program is assessed)
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 July 2023.
Open this link for more details about the German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships 2024.