The Federal University of Technology Akure in short “FUTA” University Advanced Basic Science (UABS) Programme Admission Form for the 2021/2022 Academic Session is what this article is all about. Details about the form are given below.
The Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) University Advanced Basic Science (UABS) Programme Admission Form for the 2021/2022 Academic Session has been released by the Institution’s Management. Interested candidates can now purchase the University Advanced Basic Science (UABS) Programme Admission Form. Expect the details about the form officially released below.
About the FUTA 2021/2022 University Advanced Basic Science Programme Admission Form
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University Advanced Basic Science (UABS) Programme of the Federal University of Technology, Akure. The UABS Programme is designed to prepare candidates for Direct Entry Admission into 200 Level Undergraduate Degree Programmes. It is full time, and runs for one academic session of Two (2) semesters.
DURING THE PROGRAMME, CANDIDATES WILL HAVE OPPORTUNITY TO WRITE THE FOLLOWING BASIC EXTERNAL EXAMINATIONS
- Advanced Level Cambridge International Examination (CIE).
- Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) Examination.
- Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) Examination.
CANDIDATES WILL BE PREPARED FOR THE ABOVE EXAMINATIONS IN THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS COMBINATIONS
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Geography, Mathematics, Economics
- Physics, Geography, Mathematics
- Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry
- Physics, Economics, Mathematics
- Economics, Mathematics, Biology
- Biology, Mathematics, Physics
FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE INTERESTED IN FUTA, ADMISSIONS COULD BE SOUGHT INTO THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS AND DEPARTMENTS:
1. SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE AND AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY (SAAT):
- Agricultural and Resource Economics (ARE)
- Agricultural Extension and Communication Technology (AEC)
- Animal Production and Health (APH)
- Crop, Soil and Pest Management (CSP)
- Ecotourism and Wildlife Management (EWM)
- Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology (FAT)
- Food Science Technology (FST)
- Forestry and Wood Technology (FWT)
2. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY (SEET):
- Agricultural and Environmental Engineering (AGE)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (CVE)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (MME)
- Mechanical Engineering (MEE)
- Mining Engineering (MNE)
- Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE)
3. SCHOOL OF SCIENCES (SOS):
- Biochemistry (BCH) *
- Biology (BIO)
- Chemistry (CHE)
- Mathematical Science (MTS)
- Microbiology (MCB)
- Physics (PHY)
- Statistics (STA)
4. SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY (SET):
- Architecture (ARC)
- Building Technology (BDT)
- Estate Management (ESM)
- Industrial Design (IDD)
- Quantity Surveying (QSV)
- Surveying and Geo-informatics (SVG)
- Urban and Regional Planning (URP)
6. SCHOOL OF EARTH AND MINERAL SCIENCES (SEMS):
- Applied Geology (AGY)
- Applied Geophysics (AGP)
- Marine Science and Technology (MST)
- Meteorology & Climate Science (MCS)
- Remote Sensing & GIS (RSG)
7. SCHOOL OF HEALTH & HEALTH TECHNOLOGY (SHHT)
- Biomedical Technology (BMT)
- Human Anatomy (ANA)
- Physiology (PHS)
8. SCHOOL OF COMPUTING (SOC)
- Computer Science (CSC)
- Cyber-security (CSS)
- Information Technology (IFT)
- Information Systems (IFS)
- Software Engineering (SEN)
Limited Hostel accommodations are available for interested candidates.
Candidates should possess five O/Level Credit passes in WASC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB at not more than two sittings from English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science,/Animal Husbandry, Economics, Geography, Technical Drawing and Further Mathematics relevant to their proposed course of study.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Candidates are to visit www.futa.edu.ng. Click on CCE portal and UABS application to create an account.
- Login into your account with your username and password, and click on payment to generate an invoice for the application form.
- Candidates are to pay an application fee of Fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) only excluding bank charges on Remita ONLY in any bank.
- Login to your account online to confirm payment and complete the online UABS application form. Submit the online application form and print out a copy of the examination schedule slip.
- Entrance Examination will hold on a date to be announced later.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
All completed online application forms with the required relevant documents should be submitted to www.futa.edu.ng before deadline.
The listed helplines could be contacted for clarification on issues bordering on the Programme during office hours only: 07056096340, 07039884823, 07061162814.