“Free Marketplace via Facebook Account to Buy & Sell“. In the recent past, about a couple of years ago when you think of online marketing platforms, Facebook does not come into your mind. This is due to the fact that Facebook has been primarily known as a social media platform.
However in recent years, these thoughts have changed as the social media giant, Facebook, is now giving big names in the online marketing space such as eBay and Gumtree a good run for their money with the introduction of their in-app marketing platform, Facebook Marketplace. Basically, you can think of it as a free Marketplace via Facebook Account to buy and sell items.
“Free Marketplace via Facebook Account to Buy & Sell“, Buying and selling items on Facebook Marketplace just requires you to own a Facebook account and it is absolutely free to join the in-app marketing platform.
The Free Marketplace via Facebook account allows other Facebook users within your local community to be able to go through your listings and even message you to place orders via Messenger or the comments section under the item for sale.
Features of Free Marketplace via Facebook Account
The Facebook Marketplace simply put is a ‘Marketplace’. It is a feature on the popular social media network, Facebook, which offers users the avenue to buy and sell varieties of items and promote their business brands. The best part is you can set up a Facebook Marketplace all at no cost.
Generally, the Facebook Marketplace is a digital destination for a marketer or a seller to display items they will like to sell or owned items they will like to part with, it also serves as a destination for buyers to explore displayed listen and place an order for purchase via Facebook Messenger because it has no “buy now” feature.
This feature is actually really good because it allows both the buyer and seller be primarily responsible for the transactions which in turn leaves more room for one on one negotiation.
How to Buy and Sell Items on Facebook Marketplace via Facebook Account
Selling an item on Facebook Marketplace is as easy as you can think of as long as Facebook requirement is met which is to own a Facebook account. So, as a prospective seller of items on the Facebook Marketplace, you must sign up for an account to be able to get access to the Marketplace. Here are the steps to make the sale of items on Facebook Marketplace;
- Login to your Facebook account at facebook.com
- Tap “Marketplace” located on the left menu bar
- Click on “Sell Something”
- Follow the prompts to set up your location, photos, and description to sell an item
In the same vein, Facebook users who are looking to buy items on the Free Marketplace via Facebook account are to login to their Facebook account and locate “Marketplace” as mentioned above. Several items will be displayed across your wall as you can filter through sections to easily find what you want then place an order by messaging the seller via Facebook Messenger.
Tips for Selling on Free Marketplace via Facebook Account
There are certain things that catch the customer’s eyes, some of the tips are;
- Fix reasonable prices: Buyers are more inclined to buy your item if the can see a bargain. So, once they can tell a difference in price between buying the item brand new and second hand you might just have your self a buyer.
- Detailed description: It is always advisable to put your best foot forward first. That is, as a seller you should always be honest about the item up for sale. State if it is scratched or has a broken bit off, as such details will reflect on you as trustworthy.
- Take Clear photos: This is one important tip you do not want to miss out on because photos are what focuses the buyer’s attention on your listing so take as many photos as possible with different angles. This will give them a visual representation of what they have in mind.
These are some ways you can successfully sell items on Free Marketplace via Facebook account and it does not require much work. Selling an item on Facebook Marketplace helps to get more reach with not just you locals but all around the world.