This informs the public about the FONTAGRO Successful Cases of Innovations in Bioeconomy Contest 2023-2024. Details about the Program are given below.
About FONTAGRO Successful Cases of Innovations in Bioeconomy Contest 2023
The objective of this contest is to identify and document successful experiences and lessons learned that contribute to a better understanding of how, through the process of innovation in the bioeconomy, the strengthening and transformation of agri-food systems in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The following categories will be awarded:
- Category I. Producer associations and other private sector organizations, including NGOs, that work with LAC producers.
- Category II. Institutions and organisms of Science and Technology of LAC.
- Category III. Public sector (at all levels) of LAC.
Profiles can be submitted by:
- Producer organizations and/or private companies that work together with small farmers that operate in any IDB borrowing country, in Latin America, the Caribbean and/or Spain.
- Any public or private research and/or development institution or organization such as universities, agricultural research centers, NGOs, etc. that operates in any IDB borrowing country, in Latin America, the Caribbean, and/or Spain and that has developed experiences in those countries, regardless of the source of financing.
- The public sector of any IDB borrowing country in Latin America and the Caribbean and/or Spain that has developed experiences in those countries.
How to Apply
For those interested in FONTAGRO Successful Cases of Innovations in Bioeconomy Contest 2023, Open this link to start the application process.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 16 June 2023.
Dates Phase I
- Opening for the presentation of profiles (13 weeks): February 1 to June 16, 2023.
- Closing of the Contest: June 16, 2023.
- Selection process of ten of the best profiles (6 weeks): From June 16 to July 17, 2023.
- Invitation to at least the ten selected profiles: July 17, 2023.
Phase II Dates
- Preparation of at least ten successful cases (4 weeks): From July 17 to August 17, 2023.
- Closing Reception of final edited Cases: September 18, 2023.
- Presentation to the Board of Directors of FONTAGRO: October 2023.
- Announcement of winning cases: October/November 2023
- Publication and Visual Media Readiness: November 2023 – February 2024
- In-person Celebration: April 2024
Open this link for more details about the FONTAGRO Successful Cases of Innovations in Bioeconomy Contest 2023.