The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (AGRTPS) have a particular intention to support international students to take on and obtain a Higher Degree by research at Flinders University. To this end, applications for the Flinders University Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) International Scholarship 2020 are open and are now accepting entries for review.
About the AGRTP International Scholarship 2020
A limited number (about 10) of AGRTP International Scholarship are made available year after year and the scholarship round is extremely competitive. The AGRTP International Scholarship is awarded to candidates who display an outstanding aptitude for independent research. These international scholarships by the Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) are considered on the basis of academic merit, academic research training and research indicators and performance.
The scholarship is plausible for up to two years for a Research Masters degree and up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree. It should be noted that successful applicants are required to undertake full-time study and must be starting a higher degree by research at Flinders University, Australia for the first time.
The 2020 edition of the AGRTP International Scholarship for successful candidates to obtain a higher degree in research at Flinders University comes with benefits. The benefits attached to the AGRTP International Scholarship award includes:
- Enables adequately qualified applicants to commence a full-time Higher Degree by research.
- It pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a Higher Degree by research.
- The AGRTP International Scholarship includes an international tuition fee cover, a living stipend paid at the rate of $28,092 (in 2020 rate), which is tax-exempt and indexed annually, as well as Overseas Health Care cover.
It should be noted that a successful student who moves to Adelaide from overseas by been selected for the AGRTP International Scholarship is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided the student can produce the necessary receipts.
Applicants seeking to take part in the Flinders University AGRTP International Scholarship 2020 are required to meet certain eligibility criteria. Below are the following eligibility criteria:
- The University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research must be satisfied by the applicants.
- Applicants must have successfully completed a degree at least the equivalent or comparable to an Australian First Class Honors degree ( a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year).
- The English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application must have been met by the applicants. Furthermore, applicants for whom English is a foreign language are required to provide evidence of their competence in the English language.
- Applicants must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship.
Applications are only open to students looking to start a Higher Degree by research in Australia for the first time and as such applicants must not hold an equivalent Higher Degree by research qualification.
All applicants are required to carefully read the application guidelines at the official online platform of Flinders University Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) International Scholarship at which includes details on:
- Research Supervisor
- Academic Transcripts
- Research Proposal
- Academic Referees
- Curriculum Vitae
before submitting an application to ensure your application is complete and competitive as incomplete applications will not be considered or accepted. Visit the official online platform of the Flinders University Australian Government Research Training Program International Scholarship for more information.
Click on this link to apply.
7th of August, 2020.
Follow this link for more details about the Programme.
CHECK OUT: Norweigan University of Science and Technology (NTNU) Tuition-free International Scholarship Programme | APPLY NOW