This is to inform the general public and students of Federal Poly Ilaro (ILAROPLOY) about the official Resumption Date for Continuation of the 2nd Semester 2019/2020 Academic Session. We are pleased to announce that the academic calendar for the completion of the 2019/2020 academic session has been updated by the management of the Federal Polytechnic Ilaro.
After the management of the institution released the post-COVID 19 resumption date for the continuation of the 2019/2020 academic session, the academic calendar was also released. This was done a sequel to the receipt of the letter from the Executive Secretary, National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), Dr. M. A. Kazaure.
The report of the post-COVID 19 campus Reopening Implementation Committee was approved for the resumption of Academic activities for the second semester 2019/2020 academic session, at the joint meeting of the Academic Board and the Polytechnic Management Committee held on Wednesday, September 30th, 2020.
Second Semester Academic Calendar
The academic calendar of the institution was approved as follows:
- Friday, October 9, 2020: Campus reopens for the second semester.
- Monday, October 12, 2020: Lectures begin for all Students
- Monday, November 16, 2020: Publication of 2nd Semester 2019/2020 Examinations Time-Table
- Saturday, December 5, 2020: Lectures end for all Students
- Monday, December 7 – Wednesday, 30, 2020: 2nd Semester 2019/2020 Examination (Theory and Practical)
- Sunday, January 4, 2020: New Session Begins
Students will take lectures in the following ways:
*ND I FT
*ND I PT
*HND I (FT)
|Mondays, Wednesdays, and also Fridays|
*ND I FT
*ND I PT
*HND I (FT)
|Tuesdays, Thursdays, and also Saturdays.|
Other Details reached during the meeting:
- Staffs and students are to strictly adhere to COVID 19 protocols through social distancing, washing of hands, using hand sanitizers, wearing of face masks, and observing safety protocols in line with best practices.
- The only gate permitted to be used by all staff and students is the Eastern Campus Gate and they are to ensure that they pass through the pedestrian Disinfectant Booths already equipped with Infrared thermometers and chemical fumigation devices.
- On October 9, 2020, students in the Polytechnic Halls of Residence are to resume into their Halls of Residence. Students are required to put their luggage at the Pavilion ground for fumigation. They must make sure that all food items and other valuables they come along with are removed to avoid consequences thereof.
- Motorists are expected to enter the campus through the Beautiful Gate (West Campus) to carry out temperature screening and hand sanitizer.
Students are advised to strictly comply with the above so that any form of embarrassing situations by security personnel would be avoided.