Facebook management comes up with different ways to upgrade the app and satisfy all Facebook users and one of such ways is Facebook Pay. Facebook pay allows users to send and request money without interruption conversation or opening a separate cash transfer app. In today’s content, we will be giving you everything you need to know about the Facebook Pay App Setup.
Facebook messenger which started as a simple social media platform to connect with friends and family has been expanded to carry out more advanced functions one of which include the Facebook pay.
Facebook Pay App Setup – Facebook pay allows users to send and also request money easily via a chat. Facebook pay was designed to serve two purposes which are to pay people and also to buy things online.
Benefits of Facebook Pay
Facebook pay has a lot of benefits which users can enjoy from it. Some of the amazing benefits of Facebook pay are:
- It allows you to use an app that you already have, you do not have to download anything new.
- Getting started with Facebook pay is very easy and quick, the process is stress-free. You can get started in seconds.
- Facebook pay allows you to pay effortlessly. Payments procedure via the Facebook pay is simple and secure so whether you are shopping, making a donation or sending money to friends, you do not have to worry about stressful payments.
- You can also keep tracks of your transactions. The history of the payments you have made is easy to review and you can access them from multiple apps.
- Facebook pay does not require any fee to enable you send money to friends or receive money as well from friends.
- In Facebook pay, all your transactions are secured. You can use measures like fraud detection, a personalized PIN and biometrics on your device to protect you from any unauthorized transaction.
How to Set Up Facebook Pay
As stated earlier in the benefits of Facebook pay, setting up Facebook pay is very simple and easy. You can start using the Facebook pay with just a few taps:
- On the Facebook app or website, go to “settings” > “Facebook Pay”
- Then select a payment method by adding your preferred payment method (credit card, debit card, or papal).
- Then, complete the payment setup.
You will be provided with the option of creating a PIN or to use your device biometrics for added security and you can do so when making payment.
Note: Facebook pay is a offered by Facebook and as such in order to pay on Facebook (set up Facebook pay), you are required to have a Facebook account. You can also set up Facebook pay directly within other apps like WhatsApp and Instagram.
How to Use Facebook Pay
After setting up the Facebook pay service, you definitely would want to attempt to send money to someone or request money. Either way, these steps will guide you:
- Start a conversation with the person whom you wish to request money from or send money to.
- There is a four-dotted menu to the left of the text filed, tap on it. If your keyboard is open, it might appear as an arrow. On computers, it is a plus sign.
- Then, select pay friend. If you are making use of the desktop version of the site, click the money icon.
- Then, enter the amount you want and add a note (optional). You can choose either request or pay.
- Then, enter your payment information, you can choose “add debit card” or “add PayPal”. At this screen, desktop users are required to use a debit card.
- Select the payment method.
- To complete the transaction, choose pay or request. If you selected PayPal in your payment information, you will be given an option to pick which payment method from your account you intend to use. You also can see which methods are free and which charge fees.
- Open the menu in Messenger and choose payments to enable you get back to the screen where you can add a payment method.
- You can now add a new debit card or PayPal.
- If you are using Messenger on a computer, then you are required to open the menu, head to the settings and select manage on Facebook from the payments section.
You can also access Facebook Pay settings from the Facebook website:
- Open you Facebook settings.
- From the left side, chose payments and then account settings at the top.
- Open the payment history page of your Facebook settings to enable you see all your Facebook pay transactions.