Facebook has introduced another interesting feature to their platform which is really mind-blowing. Imagine you could make Payment using your Facebook account? Well, with Facebook pay on Messenger, that is very much possible. If you are new to Facebook or have not heard about the feature before, it should be no cause for worry because this content would give more than just what you need. The feature was introduced in the year 2019 November 12. Well, Facebook pay is an amazing feature that allows users to make a convenient, secure and consistent payment experience across Facebook, Instagram, Messenger and WhatsApp.
A lot of people on Facebook are already making use of “Facebook Payments” across its apps to shops, make donations to causes and transfer money to each other. Facebook pay is here to make your money transactions a lot easier while ensuring you with secured payment information that is well secured and protected. This feature is Facebook’s effort to make moving money online a lot easier and more secure. You can make use of the feature to split a bill with your friends or as a service to make online orders.
What’s Facebook Messenger Payments Feature Used for?
Using Facebook pay is straight forward. You can either make use of it to make payment to your Facebook friends or purchase things online. On Facebook, you can make use of the pay feature to:
- purchase things from the market place
- donate money to fundraisers you support
- purchase games
- event tickets.
This feature can be used in other apps owned by Facebook and not only Facebook messenger and Facebook. On Messenger, you can make use of Facebook pay to pay your friends and family using Facebook app or web. You can also make use of it across other social media platforms like Instagram and WhatsApp.
How to Make use of Facebook Messenger Pay
Making use of Facebook pay is not as complicated as you think. In fact, it is done through some quick and easy steps I would be stating for you below:
- first, begin a conversation with the person you want to send money to or request money from.
- Tap the dotted menu (four dots) at the left of the text field. It would be an arrow if your keyboard is open. This icon might appear as a plus sign on computers.
- Select pay friend. Click the money icon is you are making use of Facebook pay on the desktop site.
- Enter the amount you want to send to your friend and a note if you want to then select REQUEST or PAY.
- Add your payment information, you can choose to add DEBIT CARD or APP PAYPAL. For desktop users, you would have to use a debit card at this screen.
- Select the payment method now that you have added it to your account
- Select pay or request to complete the transaction. If you pick PayPal, you’ll have an option to select the payment method from the account that you want to make use of. You can also view which methods charge a fee and which one is free.
With that, you have just successfully made Facebook payment using your messenger. There is a lot more to do using Facebook pay. You would only discover them if you choose to make use of Facebook pay.