The Facebook Artificial Intelligence in short “AI” Residency Program 2021 is currently receiving applications. A one-year research training position, the Artificial Intelligence (AI) Residency Program is designed to give you hands-on experience with artificial intelligence research while working in Facebook AI. Interested and eligible persons should apply now while the application is still on.
About the Facebook AI Residency Program 2021
You will be paired with an AI Researcher and Engineer who will both guide your project for the program. You will pick a research problem of mutual interest with the team and then new deep learning techniques to solve it will be devised.
Collaborations beyond the assigned mentors are also encouraged. By submitting papers to top academic venues (for example, NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ACL, EMNLP, etc) as well as open-source code releases and/o product impact, the research will be communicated to the academic community.
The intention of designing the AI Residency experience is to kickstart a career in the field. The program is full-time and it cannot be undertaken in conjunction with university study or a full-time job.
The following are what is expected of participants in the AI Residency Program:
- Research in deep learning and AI should be learned
- Prior work and existing literature should be understood
- Work closely with their mentors with the purpose of identifying problem(s) of interest and developing novel AI techniques
- Translation of ideas into practical codes (in frameworks like PyTorch)
- Research results should be written in form of an academic paper or open-source projects
Residents of the program will receive a competitive salary.
The criteria that make one eligible for participating in the AI Residency program is written below:
- People who possess a strong technical background and who are passionate about AI research are encouraged to apply
- Candidates who possess prior experience in machine learning certainly have a strength however applicants are sought from a diverse range of background which includes areas ostensibly unrelated to machine learning like math, physics, finance, economics, linguistics, computational social science, neuroscience, and bioinformatics (they should however not be limited to the aforementioned).
The application is currently open. The deadline for applying is Sunday 31st, 2021 at 5 pm Pacific Time. Through the Facebook Careers site, candidates can apply for all locations. This link will enable candidates to apply for all locations
Apply via this link for the London location
Visit Facebook via this link for more information