In this article, you will find the information you need about Everything You Need to Know About Facebook Dark Mode. The Facebook dark mode feature was announced after the release of the Whatsapp most awaited dark mode feature. After Whatsapp, the popular social media “Facebook” introduced the Dark mode for its desktop interface and it has now been extended to the mobile application also.
What is Facebook Dark Mode?
The Facebook dark mode is a new setting for the social network that replaces the normal brightness of white with black and shades of grey, for desktop and mobile. For those users who are light-sensitive, the dark mode feature will enable you to use Facebook at night without qualms of light or sight problems. The dark mode feature also helps to save batteries as Google researchers have found out that white pixels colour kills the battery faster than black ones.
The Facebook app, messenger and Instagram all have the Facebook dark mode. Facebook decided to add it to the Facebook lite app first. The dark mode Is available to most Android users of Facebook lite as reported by folks at Android Police. The social media platform has introduced a dedicated option for Dark mode. Users have the flexibility to enable and disable the Dark mode whenever they want.
Facebook Dark Mode for Desktop
Facebook dark mode started with the desktop interface. When you get the update, you will see at the screen top a prompt, telling you to try the new Facebook dark mode feature. If you accept it, you will be able to the dark mode from the settings menu.
You can also search on Google Chrome to force dark mode on Facebook if you are still waiting to get the new design. It might not look exactly like the official dark mode but it is not very far off.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook App
If the dark mode is available, then you will be able to turn it from the app menu all you need to do is follow these steps
- Tap on the hamburger icon on the top right corner below the messenger icon.
- Scroll down.
- Tap on settings and privacy.
- You will find Dark Mode above the “language button” and below “your time on Facebook”.
- If you do not find the dark mode, try installing the latest version of the Facebook app.
- If you still do not see it, wait for Facebook to roll out to a wider audience.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook Lite App
To enable the dark mode on Facebook is very easy, all you need to do is follow these steps
- Download the latest Facebook lite app on your android smartphone.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Open the app and head to the settings menu.
- Scroll down to the dark mode option and turn it on. You will also be able to turn off the feature whenever you want.
- After you have turned on the feature, the Facebook user interface will turn dark.
Note that the Facebook lite app for iPhone does not support the feature, for the time being, it will probably come to the iPhone users in the days to come.