The Ekiti State Government has announced the 2021 Resumption Date of schools within its state for the continuation of the 2020/2021 academic session. Details about the Ekito State Schools resumption date are given below.
Latest News About the Ekiti State Schools Resumption Date
- Ekiti State Government has directed public and private schools in the State to re-open for the second term of the 2020/21 session from Monday 18th January 2021.
- The curfew earlier imposed on the State by the Government from 8 pm to 6 am has also been relaxed. Restriction of movement now commences at 10 pm and ends by 6 am daily.
- The restriction of a maximum of 20 persons has now been relaxed to allow half capacity of venue for all events indoors and social-distance two-meter spacing for outdoor activities. All activities to be limited to maximum of two-hours to minimize infection risk.
- Residents are advised to obtain Permits from the State Covid19 Taskforce for; funerals, weddings, birthdays, and other large social gatherings at event centers including hotels, pavilions, fields before the events.
- Limitations on the number of religious services allowed during the week are hereby lifted.
- Government workers on grade Level 12 and below are still to work from home until further notice.
- The State Government, will in due time, commence random testing of teachers and students in public schools across the state. Private School Administrators are advised to adhere to COVID19 protocols, ensuring the provision of gadgets and equipment for safety measures. Erring schools will be closed down indefinitely.
- The Government urges the general public to duly observe #COVID19 safety protocols by wearing nose masks/face shields, observe social distancing, regular hand washing, and frequent use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers.