This is to inform the general public about the Einstein Fellowship programme for Outstanding Young Thinkers 2022 and how to apply. Details about the programme are given below.
About the 2022 Einstein Fellowship for Young Thinkers
Awarded by the Einstein Forum and the Wittenstein Foundation
The Einstein Forum and the Wittenstein Foundation are offering a fellowship for outstanding young thinkers who wish to pursue a project in a different field from that of their previous research.
The purpose of the fellowship is to support those who, in addition to producing superb work in their area of specialization, are also open to other, interdisciplinary approaches – following the example set by Albert Einstein.
Benefits of the Fellowship
The fellowship includes living accommodations for five to six months in the garden cottage of Einstein`s own summerhouse in Caputh, Brandenburg, only a short distance away from the universities and academic institutions of Potsdam and Berlin. The fellow will receive a stipend of EUR 10,000 and reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Candidates must be under 35 and hold a university degree in the humanities, in the social sciences, or in the natural sciences.
- The Einstein Fellowship is not intended for applicants who wish to complete an academic study they have already begun.
- A successful application must demonstrate the quality, originality, and feasibility of the proposed project, as well as the superior intellectual development of the applicant.
- It is not relevant whether the applicant has begun working toward, or currently holds, a PhD.
- The proposed project need not be entirely completed during the time of the fellowship but can be the beginning of a longer project.
How to Apply for the 2022 Einstein Fellowship
Applications for 2023 should include a CV, a two-page project proposal, and two letters of recommendation.
Applications should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: At the end of the fellowship period, the fellow will be expected to present his or her project in a public lecture at the Einstein Forum and the Wittenstein Foundation.
All documents must be received by May 15, 2022.
Open this link for more details about the Einstein Fellowship for Outstanding Young Thinkers 2022.