The Edo University Iyamho is a world-class tertiary institution which is located in Iyamho, Edo State and it is responsible for organizing a full scholarship award for the undergraduates this coming 2020/2021 academic session.
About the 2020/2021 Edo University Scholarship
The institution aims to sustain quality and excellence in teaching and research through its state of the art facilities and has the goals of awarding full scholarship to outstanding students who scored a minimum of 260 in their Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) as well as a partial scholarship to deserving indigent students who originates from Edo State and scored a minimum of 200 in their UTME.
It should be of note that the Edo University Iyamho full Scholarship award for the 2020/2021 academic year is open to undergraduate candidates looking to gain entry into the various programmes offered by the University. These programmes are offered in the following faculties or schools in Edo University in Iyamho, Edo State:
- Faculty of Arts, Management and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Clinical Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Science
Below are the eligibility criteria peculiar to each of the Scholarships offered by the Edo University, Iyamho, Edo State. These eligibility criteria go this;
Undergraduate Full Scholarship Award: –
The Undergraduate Full Scholarship Award (UFSA) will last for the duration of any programme chosen by the candidates. This category of the scholarship will be selecting a maximum of five (5) candidates who have proven and demonstrated a high level of academic excellence.
Indigent Students Scholarship Award: –
The Indigent Students Scholarship Award (ISSA) will be for the duration of any programme chosen by the candidates. It should be noted that this scholarship covers only tuition fees. The Indigent Student Scholarship Award is part of Edo University Iyamho Corporate Social Responsibility in providing access to high-quality education in Nigeria.
Generally, Undergraduate candidates looking to participate in the Edo University Scholarship for the 2020/2021 academic session are required to meet certain eligibility criteria. Below are the following eligibility criteria;
- Candidate must have chosen Edo University Iyamho or any other National University Commission (NUC) recognized University as his/her first choice of University for UTME with a minimum score of 260 for Undergraduate Full Scholarship Award (UFSA) and a minimum UTME score of 200 for Undergraduate Indigent Students Scholarship Award (ISSA)
- Candidate must have met the entry requirements for admission into his/her preferred course of study
- Candidate must demonstrate a high level of written and spoken English. It should be of note that a Computer Based Test (CBT) is an important mode of assessment in order to determine the best applicants
- Candidates of Edo State origin must provide and show evidence of indigence in order to qualify for the Undergraduate Indigent Students Scholarship Award (ISSA).
Interested and suitably qualified candidates looking to participate in the Edo University Scholarship for the 2020/2021 Academic Session are to note that the mode of application is online at the University’s official online platform via this link. Candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible as no specific deadline date has been announced yet and are advised to visit the online platform for more information.
Follow this link for more details about the Edo University Scholarship.
CBT Screening and Interview Date
Tuesday 15th December 2020.