The Earth Institute Postdoctoral Research program 2020-2022 is now open to applications from all interested candidates looking forward to applying for the award. The Earth institute postdoctoral research program is the premier program to those who are dedicated to an improved understanding of critical scientific and social issues in global sustainable development. The Earth institute postdoctoral research is looking forward to partaking in the multidisciplinary teams of committed, outstanding scientists from all over the earth institute and Columbia University.
Table of Contents
About the Earth Institute Postdoctoral Research program 2020-2022
This program is providing innovative postdoctoral scholars the opportunity to develop a foundation based in one of the core disciplines that is being represented within the Earth institute (i.e. social, earth, biological, engineering, and health sciences), and at the same time obtaining the breadth that has to do with cross-disciplinary expertise needed to address critical issues that are related to sustainable development. Focused research areas include:
- Food security
- Energy systems
- Climate change impacts
- Poverty reduction
- Environmental degradation.
This program is offering a unique intellectual surrounding that basically adopts cross-disciplinary interaction, education, and research.
Activities of the program
A series of activities are being hosted by the program, that explores interdisciplinary issues in sustainable development, brings together the postdocs as a community, and introduces the postdocs to a large array of Columbia researchers and faculty.
CHECK OUT: World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WGB YPP) 2021 for Roles at IFC and MIGA | APPLY NOW
A week field with a series of information sessions and visits to the Earth institute research units.
- Spring and Fall Symposia
Two public symposia per year in which both the first year and second year postdocs would be bringing forth their research and partake in meeting with the audience. The symposia if providing a great opportunity for postdocs to engage in the Columbia research community and the bigger public in innovative research in sustainable development.
- Earth Institute Postdoctoral Seminars
This is a weekly seminar series where each of the postdocs would be required to present their ongoing research. There also would be visiting speakers partaking in the seminars.
- Earth Institute Postdoctoral Retreats and Special Events
Special outings to unique locations in New York City area that seeks to create a sense of community among the postdocs, in other to create a connection between them and New York, and to make provision for intellectual stimuli.
- Other earth Institute Seminar Series
El postdocs are offered invitations to attend other events and speaker series at Columbia.
The benefits of the Earth Institute Postdoctoral Research program 2020-2022 includes:
- El postdocs would be receiving an annual salary of about $67,530. They are also offered a research stipend of about $12,000 over the two-year term for reimbursable expenses that are related to the appointment. Participants can make use of these funds for relocation and moving expenses, as well as for computer, travel, conference, journal, software, book, equipment, and other costs of research.
- El postdocs are considered officers of research and would be eligible for a benefit offered by the Columbia University for full-time employees.
All eligible candidates are expected to meet the Earth Institute Postdoctoral Research program 2020-2022 requirements stated below:
- All candidates are expected to have acquired their doctoral degrees (ph.D., M.D. or J.D.) within five years prior to the beginning of the appointment. All requirements concerning doctoral must be fulfilled and the degree award before the beginning of the appointment.
- Anyone who is holding a current position with a rank that is above post-doctoral scientist are not eligible for an appointment under the rules of the university. All those who are in possession of current post-doc positions are expected to contact EL’s office to know if they are eligible.
- The program is available to U.S. and non-U.S. citizens.
- Columbia University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply for the award.
How to Apply
In other for you to apply for the Earth Institute Postdoctoral Research program 2020-2022, candidates must provide the following documents:
- Online application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research proposal
- Three letters of recommendation
- Brief personal history
Click this link for more details concerning how to apply.
October 28, 2020.
For more details about the program, visit this link.
CHECK OUT: Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2021-2022 for Foreign Scholars and Artists | APPLY NOW