This informs the public about the One Young World – Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs ‘Enterprise for Peace Scholarship 2023. Details about the Program are given below.
About DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Programme 2023
The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (known as Public Policy and Good Governance) supports future leaders from developing countries (see list of countries), who want to promote democracy and social justice in their home countries.
The programme, which is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office, offers the chance to acquire a Master’s degree in Master programmes of particular relevance for the social, political and economic development in the students’ countries of origin.
In the light of the principles of Good Governance, highly qualified graduates with a first academic degree are being educated in political science, law, economics and administration and prepared for future leading positions in their home countries.
With the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme, the DAAD strives to contribute to promoting good governance and civil society structures in developing and emerging countries.
- offers future leaders master’s courses in disciplines that are of special
relevance for the social, political, and economic development
- prepares them in a practice-oriented course for responsible positions in or for their home regions and contributes to establishing economic and social institutions that are democratically oriented and designed to overcome social inequalities
The most important selection criteria are:
- a conclusive account of your academic, professional and personal motivation for the study endeavour in Germany and for choosing and prioritising the master’s courses
- this motivation also relates to the goals of the Helmut Schmidt Programme
- practical experience relevant to the programme (professional experience or internships, political activities or service to your community, such as volunteering or work for charities or NGOs)
- a first higher education degree completed with above-average grades (upper third)
- Candidates who already hold a master’s degree must make a well-argued case as to why they should be funded for another postgraduate degree.
- The candidates’ last university degree should not date back more than six years (date of issue not before 1 January 2017).
- Candidates who have spent more than the past 15 months in a country not listed on the DAC list are not eligible.
All master’s courses have their own selection criteria (degree, grades, language skills, practical experience, etc.) that must be met in addition to the DAAD’s selection criteria.
DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Programme 2023 Application
All applications must be submitted in English or German. Please indicate clearly that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Program (Master’s scholarship in Public Policy and Good Governance). You may apply for up to two master’s courses listed below.
- Please read the DAAD selection criteria included in our checklist carefully. Please tick off the checklist and complete our list of criteria with your original signature (do not insert a scanned signature), indicating the place and date.
- Please complete the DAAD application form ‘Application for a research/study scholarship’ only once and indicate your selected master’s course or courses, in the latter case clearly indicating your first and second priority.
- If you are applying for two master’s courses: Please rank the courses in order of preference in your motivation letter, i.e. why your first choice of master’s course is your first choice and why your second choice is your second choice. For each choice of course, please provide clear reasons why you think it will advance you academically and professionally. You must submit the same letter of motivation to both courses you are applying for.
- Please submit the application form to the master’s course(s) of your choice (max. two), along with the required documents (see below).
For those interested in DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Programme 2023. Open this link to start the application process.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 31 July 2023.
Open this link for more details about the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Programme 2023.