Have you been looking forward to the DAAD climapAfrica PostDoc Fellowship 2020? If you that is what you have been waiting for then be prepared, because DAAD ClimapAfrica is inviting applications from interested individuals.
About the DAAD climapAfrica PostDoc Fellowship 2020
The DAAD climapAfrica program in cooperation with the climate competence centers SASSCAL and WASCAL is looking forward to fostering application-oriented research results. This is done in other to handle issues with climate change in southern and western Africa.
This program is funding postdoctoral research projects and is opening a ground where collaboration and thematic working groups made up of postdoctoral fellows and African Alumni of German Funding initiatives with knowledge in areas of the field of climate research.
CHECK OUT: Acumen West Africa Fellowship 2020 for Entrepreneurs and Organization-builders | APPLY NOW
The Fellows and Alumni experts through comprehensive training, support programme, science policy advising, including general skills and science management, would increase their research impact and output. The working groups would stand as a platform to bring about a connection between peers, regional and international experts, and practitioners and to develop an increasing professional network all through Africa.
The basic fellowship consists mainly of the following:
- Flat-rate travel allowance to the country in your target and back
- Monthly allowance of about 800
- Insurance that covers accident, personal liability, and health.
- A research sum that is worth about EUR 10,000
Plus, aids can be offered for the following activities (subject to availability of funds)
- Short-term research stays in Germany lasting from 2 to 6 months
- Mobility fellowships for active participation (poster or talk) in relevant international conferences in the field of climate change/ climate.
To be eligible to participate in the DAAD climapAfrica PostDoc Fellowship 2020, applicants are to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be from an African country
- He or she should be open to realizing their project at the institution hosting them in western or southern Africa.
- Is expected to be willing when it comes to contributing to the initiation and the coordination of alumni working groups.
Criteria for Selection
All applications would be studied by an independent selection committee that is made up of experts in the relevant fields. The performance-based assessment would consider the following:
- The proposal evaluation. Particular importance will be placed on how good the research plan is (quality of the plan). It is expected to contain the preliminary work carried out and the significance of the research topic and give reasons why the selected institutions are especially appropriate for the recognition of the planned project. The strategy for the investigation of the scientific problem should be readily clear and the methods and equipment for work should be established adequately. All the achievements the applicant has acquired till date (scientific and other qualifications, and particular conditions that has contributed to the academic progress)
- The suitability of the facilities and the offered aid, offered by the host institution and the research project requirements.
- The consistency of the applicant’s ideas to bring about a start to an alumni working group and to help with its activities.
- The research topic relevant to the clarity of climate change, the impact it brings to Africa, and the making of countermeasures.
- How good the proposed project is and its reliability with further scientific qualification and long-term career planning.
The award offered for the fellowship is tenable for a period of 12 to 24 months. The period of the fellowship commences in February 2021. You are to make use of the dates for your starting date for your application. Follow this link to apply.
September 14, 2020.
For more details about the DAAD climapAfrica PostDoc Fellowship 2020 follow this link.