The Commonwealth Education Awards for Good Practice 2021 calls out for application. The Commonwealth education awards emphasize and acknowledge the quality and diversity of learning systems, resources and spaces in fifty-four Commonwealth member countries. By acknowledging excellence and innovation, they wish to aid education and learning initiatives that are being conducted in the fifty-four member countries.
About the Commonwealth Education Awards for Good Practice 2021
The awards attract focus to educational practices with replicability potential in different Commonwealth contexts and improve the sharing of knowledge and expertise. Also adding to honouring finalists and winners, the main purpose is to make awareness and inspire action among stakeholders in the education sector.
CHECK OUT: Waislitz Global Citizen Awards | APPLY NOW
The Commonwealth Education Awards for Good Practice takes place every three years to coincide with the Commonwealth conference of education ministers, where winners are recognized and given the opportunity to take part in the various forums. The Government of Kenya will be hosting the Commonwealth Education Awards for Good Practice 2021.
Areas and Categories of the Award
The various areas and categories for the Commonwealth Education Awards for Good Practice 2021 will be listed below:
- Rethinking Education for innovation
- Rethinking Education for work
- Rethinking Education for sustainability
- Education as Pathways to peace
- Education for inclusion.
- Commonwealth outstanding teacher or school leader.
Benefits of the Awards
Four finalists will be benefiting from the Commonwealth Education Awards for Good Practice 2021 by recognition and publicity and the benefits are listed below:
- The two winners will receive the Commonwealth Education Awards for Good Practice 2021 at the Commonwealth conference of Education ministers which will take place in Kenya in March 2021.
- Two winners will be receiving sponsorship to attend the 21st Commonwealth conference of education ministers in Kenya.
- The Commonwealth Education Awards for Good practices 2021 ceremony will hold as part of the opening ceremony of the 21 CCEM where the winners will receive an engraved plaque and certificate.
Eligibility Criteria for the Awards
The following are the criteria that need to be put in place to be considered for the Commonwealth Education Awards for Good Practice 2021:
- Applicants must be a teacher or school leader who had shown distinguished leadership or contribution to improving teaching and learning.
- Educators have to be Commonwealth citizens and projects must be running in at least one of the four-member countries
- Applicants must be a public or private organization which includes ministries, education bodies and non-profits who have passed across a positive impact on learners through their learning projects and the project must be running for at least twelve (12) months.
Application Process and Deadline
The deadline for all applicants to apply for the Commonwealth Education Awards for Good Practice 2021 is on June 30, 2020. So submission of application has to be turned in on or before the stipulated. Late submission of application will not be considered. Click on this link to apply.
Follow this link for more details about the award.