The Cartier Women’s Initiative Regional Awards Program is calling for applicants for the year 2021 version of the award as 2020 has been decided to be done online because of the Coronavirus, the laureates for the 2020 edition of the Cartier award would be announced online on Tuesday, June 16th, 2020.
This fellowship program allows for individuals to have several key areas of human capital support for women impact entrepreneurs, including developing a strategic financial mind-set, speaking to inspire and scaling social impact. This program awards US$ 100,000 grant for each of the 7 laureates (top business from each region) US$ 30,000 grant for each of the 14 finalists (2nd and 3rd runner-up businesses from each region).
Full Information About the Cartier Women Initiative Regional Awards Program 2021
The Cartier women’s are striving to highlight the social and environmental impact created by our fellows and bridge connections between women impact entrepreneurs and their supporters.
The 21 fellows, representing the top three businesses from each of the seven regions in the world, will receive US$ 100,000 grant for each of the 7 laureates (top business from each region) US$ 30,000 grant for each of the 14 finalists (2nd and 3rd runner-up businesses from each region).
Participants are guaranteed International exposure & media visibility during the program, they would also have access to an online & offline community of 500+ experts and peers worldwide. They show support for the Ongoing development of the fellows’ businesses.
The Cartier Women’s Initiative is looking for women-run and women-owned impact-driven businesses. To be considered for the Regional Awards, the applicant’s business must meet the following eligibility criteria.
- the business should be designed to generate sufficient revenues to support its operations and return some level of profit to its owners. Also, the business should have a proven business model and be in the initial phase of its development and should have just been established within the last 5 years.
- the business should currently be generating revenue from the sales of its products as at one year to the application. Also, the business should not have raised more than US$2 million in dilutive funding.
- the business should meet at least one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). These SDGs cover a series of social, economic, and environmental development issues. It is also important a woman must fill the main leadership position, for example as CEO, General Manager or Director of the company.
- The founder needs to be a woman and she must be the largest shareholder, she must also have crossed the legal age of 18 by July 31, 2020.: Good command of the English language is required (both verbal and written).
Finally, the applicant must commit to dedicating up to 4 hours/week virtually for the duration of the fellowship program and to attending one week of in-person preparatory training, the date is to be decided in the future. These are the full eligibility requirements for the Cartier women’s initiative regional awards program for the year 2021.
Selection Process for the Program
The Jury evaluates the applications based on the following criteria Market analysis & fit, Financial & business model sustainability, Leadership team & character of founder, Strategy & execution, Embedded positive social impact, Commitment to Cartier Women’s Initiative, Quality of submission
The selection process is divided into two rounds: the finalists’ selection and the laureates’ selection.
- Round 1: The jury selects 21 finalists, the top three applicants of each region (Latin America & the Caribbean, North America, Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East & North Africa, East Asia, South Asia & Oceania), on the basis of their application form.
- Round 2: The finalists are invited to the final round, which includes submitting further business information and presenting their business in front of their regional jury panel during the preparatory training week. Based on the selection criteria, one laureate for each of the seven regions is selected. The announcement of the 7 laureates for the Regional Awards, along with the laureate for the Science & Technology Pioneer Award, will take place during the Awards Ceremony.
How to Apply
To apply to the Regional Awards, you need to complete the online application which is on the program’s website, Anybody who is interested can apply for this program.
Click on this link to apply for the 2021 Cartier Women’s Initiative Regional Awards Program.
The following are compulsory to do when applying.
- Submit Your Resume, Your business registration document.
- Your pitch which can come in any format, one-minute video of yourself in which you answer the following questions:
– What is your motivation behind solving the problem that you have identified?
– What is the impact you wish to create through your solution?
– What do you wish to gain/contribute to the Cartier Women’s Initiative community?
- 3 additional attachments of your choice: image of product, brochure, press, article, research, etc.
These documents must be submitted on the online portal in the “Attachments” section and cannot be sent separately by email.
July 31, 2020
Follow this link for more details concerning the program.