Canada immigration visa sponsorship allows you to visit Canada with the aid of a sponsor, basically, someone either a family member or an employer is taking responsibility for you and your actions in the country.
There may be a different reason that makes you want to visit Canada, but it is also important for you to know all about Canadian immigration visa sponsorship details.
Table of Contents
Canada Immigration Visa Sponsorship Details, Types, Requirements, How to Apply and FAQs
There are so many things you need to know if you want to apply for a Canadian immigration visa and it includes various details such as the types of immigration visas available, the requirements you have to meet, how you can apply for this visa that will allow you into the country and also frequently asked question.
Keep reading to find out more.
What is Canada Immigration Visa Sponsorship
Canadian immigration visa sponsorship lets you live in the country For this to be possible you need a sponsorship from a Canadian citizen. A person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident of Canada.
You will have to wait for your sponsor’s application to be approved for you to apply for the visa.
Types and Categories of Immigration Sponsorship Visa in Canada
Here are the types of immigration sponsorship visas in Canada that you can choose from. They are as follows.
1. Family Sponsorship.
With this, a sponsor will have to be a family member and has to meet the necessary requirement to be eligible to sponsor a relative.
2. Sponsor Your Spouse, Partner or Dependent Children
For this kind of sponsorship, you will need to check your eligibility and you must also be able to take care of them financially and make sure that they don’t need social assistance from the government.
As a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada you can sponsor, your spouse if you are legally married, or your common-law partner that is you are not legally but have been living together for at least 12 months.
Eligibility for Spousal and Dependent Children
- Your child must be approved by immigration and also by refugees and citizenship of Canada to receive a visa
- You must prove your relationship with the child either as birth parents or by adoption
- You must be 18 years of age and a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen
- You must demonstrate you have the basic needs to care for yourself and your spouse
- You must prove your relationship with your spouse to be genuine by providing the supporting documents
3. Sponsor Your Parents and Grandparents
You can sponsor your parents and grandparents to become permanent residents of Canada and if your application is approved you will have to sign an agreement called an undertaking
To be Eligible to Sponsor Your Parents and Grandparents
- You must be a permanent resident or a citizen
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be the child or grandchild of the person you are sponsoring
- You will sign a sponsorship agreement stating you are going to provide basic needs for your family members for a period of 20 years
4. Sponsor Your Relatives
You may be able to sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada and if you are sponsoring a relative you must be able to support them financially when they arrive and be able to meet the basic needs for yourself and your relatives such as food, shelter and clothing.
5. Super Visa Program
This allows your parents and grandparents to come to Canada on an extended multiple-entry visa that can last up to 10 years. This program is always available and you can apply at any time of your choice.
To be eligible
- You must be the parent or grandparents of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- You must have signed the letter of invitation from your child or grandchild
- You must apply for a super visa from outside Canada.
Canada Immigration Sponsorship Visa Requirements
Here are the necessary requirements you will need.
- Completed application form
- Your proof of status in Canada
- Your identity documents
- Marriage certificate
- You will need a police certificate and clearance from the country your spouse has lived in the last six months
- Medical certificate of your spouse
- Proof of payment
- A photograph
- Relationship information and sponsorship evaluation questionnaire.
- Your birth certificates or adoption records of any children you and your partner have together
- Proof of registration of marriage with a government entity.
These are just some of the necessary requirements you will need.
How to Get a Canada Immigration Sponsorship Visa
Here is how you can get a Canada immigration sponsorship visa
- You must meet the criteria to be a sponsor and be eligible
- You must also make sure that the family you want to sponsor meets the eligibility criteria
- Now, you will need to apply to the federal level to the ministry of immigration, refugees and citizenship Canada
- You will also need to pay the family sponsorship application fee
- Once you have done the above, you will need to send your application to the right address and you will find information in the sponsorship guide for you to download
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions.
- How do I check the status of my sponsorship application? If you applied to be a sponsor you can check your status using Canada permanent residence application tracker porter
- Is there a deadline for the Canada sponsorship application? There is no deadline you can decide to sponsor your spouse or children at any time.
- What do basic needs mean? This means as a sponsor you need to provide your family members with food, shelter, clothing and any other necessities of life.
Open this link for more details about the Canada Immigration Visa.
Also, Check Out