This informs the public about the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives – Kazakhstan 2023. Details about the Program are given below.
About Canada Fund for Local Initiatives – Kazakhstan 2023
The CFLI is a program designed to support small-scale, high-impact projects in developing countries, which align with Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement. The program is directed at projects conceived and designed predominantly by local partners.
Projects are selected and approved by the relevant Canadian embassy or high commission. The CFLI also serves to support positive bilateral relations between Canada and recipient countries and their civil societies, by deepening contacts and supporting local endeavours.
In Kazakhstan, the CFLI may fund projects up to 60,000 Canadian dollars over 1 year. The value of the project should be directly equivalent to the proposed level of effort and the organizational capacity to deliver the proposed results.
Proposals should be submitted in Canadian dollars, with a clear link to conversion rates. Consult the currency converter for local currency equivalents. Please note that all contributions are made in Canadian dollars and then converted to the local currency.
In Kazakhstan, while applications addressing 1 of the 5 CFLI priorities (see below) will be considered, preference will be given to proposals aiming to advance the human rights agenda, media freedom and democratic reforms; strengthen women’s rights organizations; and develop lasting solutions to protect and promote the rights of the most vulnerable and marginalized people (themes may include gender-based violence and the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex people).
Eligible recipients include:
- Local, national or community-based organization (non-governmental and not-for-profit)
- Local municipal, regional or national government institution or agency of the recipient country
The majority of CFLI funding is to be directed toward local civil society organizations (including non-governmental organizations) and other institutions working at the local level. Other entities, such as international, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional organizations, may be eligible for funding provided they are working with local partners and on local projects that are consistent with the objectives of the CFLI. Similarly, municipal, regional and national government institutions may receive funding provided that their projects are essentially local in nature. The CFLI administrators are always looking to fund innovative projects that deliver measurable results.
Canada Fund for Local Initiatives – Kazakhstan 2023 Application
- All projects must be completed between the date of signature of the Contribution Agreement and the closing date specified in the Contribution Agreement. Proposed activities should aim to start in or about August 1, 2023 and must be completed by February 28, 2024. These dates are notional and may change depending on the day of approval. Final reporting and payments must be completed by March 15, 2024.
- The deadline for submission is June 9, 2023, at 23:59 (GMT+6). Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered. Proposals should be submitted electronically to the following email: [email protected]
- Only those proposals using the designated application form and including the required budget document will be considered.
- For more information on the types of activities and costs that are eligible for CFLI funding, please refer to the list of CFLI approved activities and costs.
- Proposals must be completed in English.
- Project proposals must explicitly answer all questions in the CFLI project application form, including the required gender-based analysis. The proposed project budget should summarize the proposed activities and associated costs.
- Applications will be assessed for approval on their merits by a selection committee.
- Due to the large number of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.
- To obtain an application form or for questions about the application process, please contact the CFLI Coordinator via phone +7 921 947 72 86 or write to [email protected].
- Project applications are kept on file at missions in accordance with Global Affairs Canada’s information management policies.
- Two-year programming: Projects spanning two fiscal years (August 2023 to March 2025) may be permitted depending on project objectives and the complexity of activities.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 14 June 2023.
Open this link for more details about the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives – Kazakhstan 2023.
- Open Mental Health Grants 2023 (up to £10,000)
- JAMLAB Journalism and Media Innovation Reporting Grants 2023 | APPLY NOW
- Commonwealth Foundation COVID-19 Special Grants (up to £30,000) | APPLY NOW