The Call for Submission/Nomination of Stories of African Youth-Led Organizations is now open to all interested candidates.
UNESCO Multisectoral Regional Office Abuja in Partnership with Pan-Africa Youth Network for a Culture of Peace (PAYNCoP), and the Center for Youth Advocacy and Development (CEYAD) invites youths from around Africa to submit their innovative stories that discuss their impactful engagements through development pillars that are one way or the other transforming the trajectory of African youths from local to global levels.
About the Nomination of Stories of African Youth-Led Organizations
The public narrative of this event is storytelling, which the hosts recognize as a very powerful tool of communication. This tool will create a platform where these youths can engage especially those at the local level that faces difficulty or the other in gaining visibility and contributing to the impacts led by African youths for meaningful change in the continent.
The aim of the Call for Submission/Nomination of Stories of African Youth-Led Organizations is to remember the international youth day (12th of August) and the international peace day (21st of September) to put in the heart of youths building peace in the society.
This edition of the Call for Submission/Nomination of Stories of African Youth-Led Organizations will focus on the stories that promote the implementation of peace and stability of political and social spheres for sustainable development in the continent.
Objectives and Expected Outcomes
- Promoting youth-led actions as well as providing them with an opportunity to their stories of sustainable peace and social transformation.
- This call will respond to the challenges faced by youth-led initiatives, innovations/organizations, and the lack of visibility. Through this event, the youths will be celebrated and given the visibility they deserve.
The following must be included in the narrative of initiatives of interested and nominated candidates
- Context, objectives, and theory of change.
- Date/period of implementation.
- Beneficiaries – the numbers of men and women must be stated.
- Details on challenges faced during implementation and possible resolution(s).
- Share 2 or 3 ideas planned engagements with partners.
- At least two action photos of your engagement.
- The precision of the impact on the beneficiaries and initiator.
Application and Requirements
To apply for the Call for Submission/Nomination of Stories of African Youth-Led Organizations follow all instructions below.
- Submission must
- Be original stories from African youths.
- Be in the English language;
- Word format;
- Times New Roman;
- At least 600 words and not more than 900 words.
- Contain a brief profile of the organization is not more than 100 words. Contact details must be included too.
- References must be indicated for easy validation.
- Submission must be addressed to UNESCO Regional Office Abuja using any of the following:
- Submissions from young African women and African youths with disabilities are encouraged.
All submissions must be made at the latest on the 30th of September 2020 by 5:00pm GMT+1.
For more details, visit this link.