This is to inform the general public about the Benson Idahosa University (BIU) Direct Entry Form for the 2021/2022 Academic Session. Details about the form are given below.
The Institution’s Management of Benson Idahosa University (BIU) has released the Direct Entry Form for the 2021/2022 Academic Session. Interested candidates can now purchase the Direct Entry Form. Expect the details about the form officially released below.
About the BIU 2021/2022 Direct Entry Form
The management of Benson Idahosa University (BIU) has released the 2021/2022 Post-UTME form . The process starts with the prospective student completing the admissions form online at http://admissions.biuportal.net/ or obtaining our University’s admission form from any of our contact points in Port-Harcourt, Abuja, Lagos, Warri and the Admissions Office of the University campus on Ugbor Road, GRA, Benin City.
General Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Programme
The minimum entry requirement into any of the undergraduate programmes is five(5) O’level credit passes including Mathematics and English in relevant subjects as indicated in the current UTME brochure, obtained at not more than two sittings, in any of the following examinations WASSCE, NECO or their equivalent.
Direct entry process for intending students with Diploma or NCE are also available.
The mode of entry into the Degree program via Direct Entry requirements are given below.
– Direct Entry (Three Academic Years)
This mode of entry requires the following minimum qualification:
- Five credits in General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level or the Senior Secondary School (SSS) Certificate or Cambridge School Certificate, which should include; English Language, Mathematics, Government or History, obtained in not more than two sittings.
- Five credits in National Examinations Council (NECO) which should include; English Language, Mathematics, Government or History, obtained in not more than two sittings;
And Any of the following qualifications:
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced level or Higher School Certificate (HSC) with a minimum of two principal papers (at appreciable high grades) of “A” to “C” only, obtained in one sitting in the following subjects: Government, Economics, History, or British Constitution or three subjects in one sitting with grades between “A” and “E”;
- Diploma in Public Administration (DPA) with a credit grade or a minimum of merit grade, including other Diplomas such as social works; law, International Relations, etc., acceptable by the UMB or the Faculty Board;
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND) from a recognized Polytechnic or College of Technology with a minimum of upper credit in a relevant discipline such as Government, Political Science or any Social Science discipline.
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) with specialization in Government or any social science discipline with a minimum of Upper credit.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants are to visit: http://admissions.biuportal.net/ Create an account and proceed to complete their applications.