The British High Commission in short “BHC” Chevening Alumni Association of Nigeria Essay Competition 2021 is now open for application. Details about the competition and how to apply are given below.
About the BHC Chevening Alumni Association of Nigeria Essay Competition 2021
Support is given to the Chevening Alumni Association activities across the globe by the Chevening Alumni Programme Fund (CAPF) of the British High Commission (BHC). The Alumni Association are professionals and they are beneficiaries of the Chevening Scholarship Programme for different disciplines in Post Graduate Studies based in the United Kingdom (UK).
Funding has been received by the Chevening Alumni Association of Nigeria (CAAN) from the Chevening Alumni Programme Fund (CAPF) for the organization of an essay competition in Nigeria for young people as a part of its community service endeavors.
The topic of the essay competition is “Alternative Narratives to illegal Migration Amongst Young People in Nigeria”.
Background of the Topic
The aim of the essay is to stimulate amongst people, youths, in particular, thoughts on illegal migration towards preventing the occurrence and also making options available to breaches of immigration regulations.
The options provided should not help only to stop the risks that it exposes perpetrators to but an alternative idea on earning a living aside from the belief that the option is available elsewhere should also be offered.
The essay aims to give a challenge to youths on creating and harnessing opportunities in their local environment and also to envision migration from the legal path if wanted. The essay focuses on emphasizing the risks of migrating illegally by deepening knowledge on other options available.
The following prizes will be benefited by winners of the essay competition:
- First place: A Laptop and 1-month Data subscription
- Second place: A tablet and 1-month Data subscription
- Third place: A Smart Phone and 1-month Data subscription
A certificate of good performance will be awarded to prize winners.
The following are the requirements that allows one to apply for the essay competition:
- Must be undergraduate students in Nigeria
- It is required that applicants are registered students in either public or private universities and in other tertiary institutions of learning in the country
The following should be noted by applicants:
- Words are limited to 2000, references inclusive
- It is compulsory that entries are original as the essay will be subjected to credit referencing checks
- Entries must be typed and double-spaced
- There must be an appropriate use of examples and illustrations in the essay
- Entries are required to be creative and appropriate and must have real solutions to the migration saga
- Prose must be comprehensive
The application must be submitted before January 18th, 2021 by 12:00 GMT. Apply via this link if you meet the criteria listed above
Visit the official webpage via this link