Ashoka/Boehringer Ingelheim Making More Health Co-Creation Accelerator 2021 is now open for applications. A structured social enterprise support program, the MMH-CO-creation Accelerator consists of 12 months design and implementation to test/pilot a new strategy or a new element of a business model which culminates in a pitch for further scale-up.
About the Ashoka/Boehringer Ingelheim Making More Health Co-Creation Accelerator 2021
There is a second 12-month phase of scale-up support of the test-pilot which the winners of the first pitch will partake in. Participants will have access to financial and technical support from Ashoka, Boehringer Ingelheim, and social investment experts in both phases of the program.
The benefits of the program are listed below:
- Professional growth: Participants are offered multiple opportunities by the program for professional growth and also for development in their entrepreneurial journey. The following are also included; in-person and online workshops and seminars on topics about operations, replication & transfer, systems change, social finance, and new leadership among others.
- Technical expertise: Participants have access to expert advice from experienced professionals at Boehringer Ingelheim through a curated Executive in Residence (EiR) or expert engagement program as they develop and test strategies to unlock their potential for scale and sustainability. The engagement with BI employees may be virtual or in-person and it may be for 2- 4 weeks at a time. A number of consultants are also engaged in the program and they are to offer tailored expert support to participants in various areas like investor engagement, communications, and pitching.
- Strategic networks: Participants of the Accelerator program will become one of an ever-growing and closely-knit community of ecosystem actors which includes government agencies, impact investors, foundations, social entrepreneurs, corporate executives, and experts who are committed to the improvement of health care access for humans and animals who are across Africa with the support that is ongoing from Making More Health.
- Investment access support: A grant Euros of 50k for piloting/testing a new strategy or element of a business model is provided by the program for each participant with the possibility of additional scale-up funds of up to Euros 150k for pilots who are successful. In pro-bono technical support and investment readiness coaching, participants will also receive tens of thousands of euros. Participants will also be given the chance by the program to showcase their innovations at an annual investor showcase event to a larger community of investors.
- Business collaborations: There is the potential to explore a strategic business collaboration with significant long-term benefits for both organizations where there is a timely and strategic fit between Boehringer Ingelheim and a participating social venture.
The following are the criteria that makes one eligible to apply:
- Business or social enterprise can apply
- The business or social enterprise applying should have been in operation for a minimum of three years
- Application is encouraged to any sector that contributes directly or indirectly to the health of humans or animals.
- Applicants should have its operation based in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda.
- The annual sales revenue of applicants should be a minimum of USD 100k
- There should be a demonstration of clear metrics and evidence of impact by applicants
- Applicants are required to have a strong team with the right size and level of competency
If you have met the eligibility criteria listed above, then you can click on this link to apply
Application closes on February 7, 2021. There will be no consideration for late applications.
Visit the official webpage via this link for more information