The Allianz Climate Risk Research Award is a platform that aids scientific research and enhances our understanding of climate change risks. The 2020 award majors on how science can assist insurers to deal with severe weather and climate risks. The Allianz Climate Risk Research Award 2020 is supposed to help researchers whose research focuses on decreasing the risk of severe weather events which are intensified by climate changes and nurture resilience by applying technological solutions.
About the Allianz Climate Risk Research Award 2020
CHECK NOW: bp Net Zero Scholarship 2020 for Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich | APPLY NOW
- The four finalists at the end of the Allianz Climate Risk Research Award 2020 will receive a monetary award of:
- EUR 7,000 for the first finalist.
- EUR 5,000 for the second finalist.
- EUR 3,000 for the third finalist
- EUR 2,000 for the fourth finalist.
- An invitation for a one-day award event in Munich covering all expenses.
- The finalist’s research project will be exposed on the Allianz.com website.
- Exclusive insights into the insurance industry’s work on climate changes and severe weather events.
- Finalists will participate in a discussion round with awards jury, experts and also other guests from Allianz group and academia
Eligibility Requirements for the Award
- The Allianz Climate Risk Research Award 2020 is open to university students who are currently pursuing either Thursday PhD or post-doctorate degree, as well as graduates or recent post-doctorate graduates. (Applicants graduation or defence of final research to obtain title should not exceed two years before the time of application) .
- The research of applicants should be applicable to the focus and the topic of the Allianz Climate Risk Research Award 2020.
CHECK NOW: re:learn Virtual STEM Hub 2020 for Inservice Teachers to Support Virtual Learning with their Students | APPLY NOW
Selection Criteria for the Award
- Innovation: Research project has majored on a compelling approach for checking out risks of natural catastrophes and how recent technologies can help mitigate these risks and nurture resilient societies.
- Academic excellence: Sound research approach and methodology.
- Impact: The research project can produce a difference in the present insurance practice and advance current practices around societal resilience.
- Applicability: Research project focuses on a relevant problem and is ideally connected to a practical solution.
How to Apply
Applicants for the Allianz Climate Risk Research Award 2020 should make that their supporting documents consist of:
- A two-page non-technical essay based on their research.
- Applicants should make sure they submit a letter of recommendation from their academic mentor.
- Applicants should make sure they submit a filled and signed declaration form.
All documents required for the application stated above should be attached together with the application form and sent to [email protected] to be considered for the Allianz Climate Risk Research Award 2020.
The application deadline for all applicants to send in their documents attached to the application form for the Allianz Climate Risk Research Award 2020 is 31 August 2020. Any applications sent in after the stipulated date will not be considered.
Open this link for more info about the Award.
CHECK NOW: ISID/ESCMID Fellowships 2020 for Young investigators | APPLY NOW