Applications are open for the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation International Climate Protection fellowship 2021. The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation International Climate Protection fellowship enables you, as a fellow to conduct a one-year research-based project in Germany.
the Project will be focused on tackling climate change, focused on preserving ecosystems and biodiversity, focused on adaptation strategies, as well as focusing on the sustainable use of the oceans and seas. Furthermore, sustainability topics which relate to natural resources, urban development or resource-efficient consumption are also welcome.
About the Alexander Von Humboldt Foundation International Climate Protection Fellowship 2021
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation awards up to 15 International Climate Protection Fellowships to prospective leaders and about 5 to postdoctoral researchers every year. These fellowships are funded through the International Climate Initiative of the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety.
The global challenge which climate change poses can only be tackled by cross-border international collaborations. To this end, enabling future decision-makers and multipliers to share knowledge, techniques and methods with specialist colleagues in Germany, the programme will promote it’s objective, especially in taking account of issues that are related to practical applicability in the fellows’ countries. Hence, the programme drives the development of long-lasting partnership and collaborations with colleagues in Germany.
The fellowship offers the selected fellows:
- A monthly allowance of €2,170, €2,470 or €2,670 in the programme line for prospective leaders. Note that it is dependent on your training and career level – a monthly allowance of €2,670 in the programme line for postdoctoral researchers
- Individual support during their stay in Germany as well as additional financial support for accompanying family members, travel expenses or for a German language course
- An introductory event for the duration of three weeks where they can connect with other climate protection fellows, visit businesses and research institutions, and attend cultural events in Germany
- Extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly in support of a long-term connection with the fellows’ cooperation partners in Germany over the duration of their professional career.
You are encouraged to apply for the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation International Climate Protection Fellowship if you;
- Are a citizen of a non-European developing or transition country and have been predominantly living and working in the said country
- Explore questions in the natural or engineering sciences as well as address legal, health-related, economic or societal aspects of climate change
- Completed your first academic degree (Bachelor or equivalent degree) no more than 12 years ago (cut-off date: 1st of March of the year of application)
- Possess initial experience in a leadership role and corresponding leadership skills
- Have the potential of a leader with extensive professional experience (at least 48 months at the time of application)
Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to apply for the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation International Climate Protection fellowship 2021 before the scheduled deadline date (stated in the introductory section).
1st of March, 2021.
Applicants are advised to visit the official online platform via this link to apply and for further information.