Application into the Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic in short “AKWAIBOMPOLY” ND Part-Time/Evening admission Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session has commenced as sales are currently ongoing. Through the course of this article, we shall be discussing all the basic admission information such as admission requirements, National Diploma Programmes and how to apply for the AKWA IBOM Poly ND part-time form.
About the AKWA IBOM POLY ND Part-Time/Evening Admission Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
This application is open to suitably qualified candidates who satisfy the basic admission requirements for admission into Akwa Ibom Poly National Diploma Part-Time/ Evening programme. Applicants are expected to score a minimum of 120 in the just-concluded Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) to gain admission into the Polytechnic.
Available programmes and Admission Requirements
In this section, we shall be looking at the ND programmes available in the Akwa Ibom Polytechnic and the entry requirements for these programmes. They are listed in the table below:
|National Diploma Programme/Courses||Admission Entry Requirements|
- School of Business Management and Studies
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Office Technology and Management (Secretarial Studies)
- Public Administration
- Minimum of five Credit passes in SSCE or its equivalent including Mathematics and English Language plus any three of the following- Principles of Accounting, Economics, Literature in English, Business Methods, Commerce, Government and one Science subject with not more than two sittings.
- Office Technology and Management requires a pass in Mathematics.
|2. School of Engineering|
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Five Credit passes in SSCE or its equivalent to include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and at least a Pass in the English Language obtained in not more than two sittings. ALTERNATIVELY
- The National Technical Certificate (NTC) in Electrical Trade with Credit Passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and two other subjects.
- Civil Engineering technology requires five credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and one other subject from Geography, Economics, Biology, Agricultural-Science or Commerce.
|3. School of Applied Sciences|
- Computer Science
- Science lab Technology
- Five Credit passes in SSCE or its equivalent in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Agricultural Science.
- Five Credit passes in SSCE or its equivalence in Mathematics, Physics and any two subjects from Chemistry, Economics, Geography, Biology or Agricultural Science, Government and a Credit in English Language in not more than two sittings in all
- Five Credit passes in Mathematics and any two subjects from Biology, Chemistry, Physics, statistics, Agricultural Science, Further Mathematics plus any two from Government, Economics, Geography, Commerce and a pass in the English Language in not more than two sittings.
|4. School of Environmental Studies|
- Architecture Technology
- Estate Management
- Building Technology
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Quantity Surveying
- Five Credit passes in English language, Mathematics, Physics and any two subjects from Technical Drawing, Geography, Chemistry, Biology/ Agric Science, Economics, Commerce and Fine Art
|5. School of Communication Arts|
- Five Credit Passes in Mathematics, English Language, Literature in English and any three subjects from History, Commerce, Principles of Accounting Government, Fine Arts and Type Writing. In not more than two sittings.
How to Apply
APPLY HERE FOR THE AKWA IBOM POLY ND Part-Time/Evening Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Candidates should click on the link above to visit the institution’s portal and click on the online application option generate an invoice using the following details- JAMB Registration Number, Phone Number, Name.
- Go on to purchase the form via Remita and use the pin in the payment invoice to complete and submit the form. Download and print the application slip.
Closing date for application is 11th December 2020.