Afrobarometer is hiring a Resource Mobilization Coordinator and you should apply if you are interested. The Resource Mobilization unit is responsible for creating partnerships built on trust and mutual accountability as well as attracting philanthropic contributions to support the goals of the Afrobarometer (AB).
Afrobarometer has a recent vacancy for a Resource Mobilization Coordinator to support their fundraising efforts and as such, they are issuing this open call to all interested and qualified candidates to apply on it before the deadline date scheduled for 24th of July, 2020.
About the Afrobarometer is hiring a Resource Mobilization Coordinator
The first dedicated fundraising role to be hired into the team is the Resource Mobilization Coordinator, in order to support all aspects of the Resource Mobilization team’s work as directed by the DoE. There will be an opportunity for growth, as the team expands with fundraising success. The Resource Mobilization team will commit to:
- Taking a modern, professional African approach to fundraise
- Increasing the pool of current and potential funders, Developing a robust and compelling Case for Support
- Delivering competent funding proposals to achieve the aims and objectives of Afrobarometer (AB)
- Improving the number and value of grants to enable Afrobarometer’s sustainability
- Coordinating fundraising across the wider Afrobarometer (AB) network
- Ensuring rigorous grant management
- Effectively stewarding and communicating with funders
- Following both Afrobarometer fundraising policies and guidelines as well as global fundraising regulations
CHECK OUT: Citizen Lab Fellowship 2020 on Surveillance, Digital Security, and Race (Up to $24,000 CAD) | APPLY NOW
Afrobarometer (AB) is a pan-African, nonprofit research network that measures the political, social, and economic atmosphere prevailing in African countries. Guided by the vision that African societies thrive when African voices count in public policy and development, Afrobarometer provides high-quality data and analysis on citizens’ experiences and evaluations of democratic governance and quality of life. This is provided as a public benefit and is free to policymakers, civil society organizations, donors and investors, policy advocates, academics, news media, and ordinary Africans. The main duties and responsibilities of the Afrobarometer Resource Mobilization Coordinator:
- Donor/prospect research and information management
- Resource mobilization support and coordination
Benefits and Salary
The salary for the Afrobarometer (AB) Resource Mobilization Coordinator will be competitive with the market and will be based on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
To be selected for the post of Afrobarometer Resource Mobilization Coordinator, certain eligibility criteria are required of the candidates. These eligibility criteria and requirements are as follows:
- African citizenship or heritage
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Candidate should have at least 5 years’ experience in fundraising and/or associated support activities
- Familiarity with fundraising cycle of identification, solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship
- Experience in donor research and database management
- Knowledge of data protection legislation and international fundraising best practice
- Competency with the Internet, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, G-suite, Salesforce (or equivalent CRM system)
- Fluency in English (both in speaking and writing)
In addition, the candidate should possess certain skills such as Knowledge of philanthropy and grantmaking, excellent grant writing, multi-lingual (ideally fluent in French, Portuguese and African languages)
Documents required to apply for the Afrobarometer (AB) Resource Management Coordinator include:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae with your contact details (email address, phone number, postal and Skype address)
- A personal statement which describes:
- your interest in the vacancy and in working with Afrobarometer
- specific and detailed evidence of how your skills, experience, and knowledge meet the Selection Criteria. However, if there is a lack of experience or evidence in any of the listed areas, please state how you would gain the knowledge or competency required to succeed in the role.
- Your availability for the vacancy (notice period in your current role) and preferred working location.
The application for this post should be sent to [email protected]obarometer.org. Include your name and position title in the subject field of your email. Example: “Subject: [YOUR NAME] AB RM Coordinator”.
24th of July, 2020.
Applicants and Candidates are advised to visit the official online platform via this link for more information.
CHECK OUT: Seedstars World Competition 2020/21 for Startups in Emerging Markets (up to $500,000 USD in Equity Investment) | APPLY NOW