This is to inform the public about the African Union Youth Reference Committee 2023. Details about the Program are given below.
About African Union Youth Reference Committee 2023
The AU Youth Envoy and Austria National Youth Council have joined forces to establish a network of national and international youth champions to strengthen youth participation in reducing inequalities. This initiative seeks to establish a Youth Reference Committee of twenty-five (25) African and fifteen (15) European youth representatives.
These youth representatives will engage in international online and offline workshops, exchanges and consultations and attend lobbying appointments to improve the prospects of young people on the continent and beyond.
In addition, the committee will contribute towards developing a youth position paper and a global toolkit for meaningful youth engagement to strengthen youth participation and reduce inequalities.
Responsibilities and duties
- Demonstrate commitment to meaningful youth engagement in various development thematics, nationally and internationally.
- Liaise with the AU Office of the Youth Envoy and partners to define the collaboration around selected thematic and policy areas.
- Start conversations and work together with young people and relevant parties in your region and country.
- Be willing to conduct research, create products (such as podcasts), and draft youth-centred development policy advice on key thematics.
- Participate in dialogue on project topics between politicians and African and European youth.
- Participate in lobbying appointments and Co-drafting a youth position paper. Participate in Co-designing a toolkit on youth engagement from an international perspective.
- Proficiency in any AU language
- Have a valid passport with at least six months
- Be an African residing in any African country
- Eighteen to Thirty-Five years of age at the time of application
- Actively engaged with your local community of young people, online and offline Must be willing to amplify the project in your local community of young people Flexible and open-minded to work with diverse groups of people
- Socially involved and interested in development issues and policy dialogue on ending inequalities
- Young people with experience in youth engagement and affiliated with youth- led organisations, networks or movements are encouraged to apply.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 22 April 2023.
Open this link for more details about the African Union Youth Reference Committee 2023.