This informs the public about the AERC-World Bank Visiting Scholars Programme 2024 for African Researchers. Details about the Program are given below.
About AERC-World Bank Visiting Scholars Programme 2024
African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) and The World Bank, Africa Region Chief Economist’s Office (AFRCE), signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) for a mutually beneficial collaborative partnership. The newly established AERC-World Bank visiting scholars programme is central to the collaboration between the two institutions.
The objectives of the collaboration are to enhance AERC’s capacity to boost economic policy research in sub-Saharan Africa, help strengthen AERC’s global linkages in areas of economic policy, academic research, and graduate training, deepen and broaden the policy impact of both AERC and AFRCE and to enhance the skills and output (especially publications and courses) of individual African researchers by providing access to wider and better information, network and economic research and data accessible via the World Bank.
The visiting scholar’s program provides an opportunity for AERC researchers to visit the World Bank for four months, with a total of three researchers visiting every year. Visiting scholars will be selected from among AERC network members based on set guidelines including the World Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Must be an AERC researcher, including researchers from the AERC collaborative PhD programme CPP);
- Must have an active AERC research project at least at interim/post field stage or final research paper stage; and
- The research project must be pertinent to the research agenda of the World Bank Africa Region, and imperatives for sustained African development.
AERC-World Bank Visiting Scholars Programme 2024 Application
The expression of interest by applicants should include:
- A two-page statement of interest;
- A draft paper on a subject pertinent to the research agenda of the Africa region of the World Bank and imperatives facing African development;
- If you teach a relevant course, the curriculum/course materials that you would like to improve while visiting the World Bank; and
- Copy of your updated curriculum vitae.
Application packages must be emailed to the AERC Research Department ([email protected]). Up to 3 awards will be announced in the 2023/2024 cohort.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 30 June 2023.
Open this link for more details about the AERC-World Bank Visiting Scholars Programme 2023.
- The International Service for Human Rights (ISHR) Africa Programme Fellowship 2023
- UNFCCC CAPACITY Fellowship Programme 2023
- Center for International Cooperation and Development (CICOPS) Scholarships 2024