This is to inform the general public about the Aliko Dangote Foundation in short ADF-VDMA Technical Training Programme 2022 and how to apply. Details about the programme are given below.
About the ADF-VDMA Technical Training Programme 2022
Aliko Dangote Foundation (ADF) – VDMA Technical Training Programme 2022 is calling for applications – The ADF-VDMA Technical Training Program is a collaboration between the Aliko Dangote Foundation (ADF), the VDMA (Mechanical Engineering Industry Association) and its foundation of young talents in Mechanical Engineering (Nachwuchsstiftung Maschinenbau).
The initiative offers high-quality education and training to young Nigerians who seek to acquire skills in Mechanical and Electrical Technology. The training programme is based on the German model of dual track vocational training.
The newly built-up facility at the Dangote Academy in Obajana provides perfect conditions for technical trainings with modern classrooms, highly-qualified trainers, sophisticated learning tools and state-of-the-art training equipment – mostly provided by German companies.
The training centre also functions as a central meeting place and venue for Nigerian and German companies.
Duration will be a minimum of 18 months. It comprises various theoretical and practical training as well as exposure to industrial work experience in allied companies. Includes continuous assessment processes and appraisals.
Aliko Dangote Foundation – VDMA Technical Training Programme Courses
The course programme focuses on the disciplines below:
- Short Courses Mechanical Programme
- Short Courses Electrical Programme
- Full Trade Vocational Training Mechanical Programme
It consists of:
- Seven short courses for advanced training which last between 2 and 4 weeks.
- A 30-months professional, dual full trade vocational training course.
Aliko Dangote Foundation – VDMA Technical Training Programme Learning Facilities
- The training takes place at Dangote Academy, the Dangote Training Centre in Obajana where the partners have built up additional training facilities for the Nigerian-German training project. This state of the art centre is equipped with modern classrooms, computer and technical drawing rooms as well as with electrical, automation, instrumentation and mechanical workshops.
- There are also accommodations for the students, a cafeteria and an administrative wing. Modern leisure facilities are in planning and will round off a pleasant stay on the Dangote Academy Campus.
Admission Criteria for ADF-VDMA Technical Training Programme
- Admission age bracket: 16–22 years
- Educational background: 5 credits in O’ Level Sciences
- Possession of one of the following certificates: WAEC (SSCE), NABTEB(NTC), NECO (SSCE)
- Applicant must be a graduate of a Technical College.
Benefits of ADF-VDMA Technical Training Programme
- Combines Nigerian requirements with German expertise and technology know-how
- Includes theoretical as well as practical modules at companies
- Instructions by Nigerian educators and trainers trained and qualified in collaboration with German companies
- High-standard facilities with modern equipment, learning tools and appropriate accommodation for the trainees
- Benefit from NWS’ long-standing experiences in industry-ready vocational training
- Access to a lively network of Nigerian and German companies.
The focus areas of the trainings are mechanics, electronics and mechatronics. Companies or individuals active in these areas are invited to use the new training centre for the qualification of their employees. The trainings are open to the following groups:
- School leavers and trainees seeking qualification in the occupational fields of mechanics, electronics and mechatronics
- Technical specialists from companies in the manufacturing industry, who seek further training as part of their professional activity
- Instructors who seek empowerment to conduct advanced training and courses.
How to Apply for ADF-VDMA Technical Training Programme
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Click on this link to apply
- Candidates can only submit a single application.
- Only electronic applications will be considered.
- Kindly ensure that email addresses and phone numbers are active and valid.
- Admission is subject to passing an aptitude test and oral interview.
- Trainees are not Dangote employees and the training is not a pre-employment programme.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Application is FREE!
- All enquiries relating to the Technical Training Programme should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for the programme closes on April 30, 2022.
Visit the official platform via this link for more information regarding the (Aliko Dangote Foundation) ADF-VDMA (Mechanical Engineering Industry Association) Technical Training Programme 2022.